Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday - Gonna try Amador

The price seems a lot less painful if you carpool in. They also give a group discount on tubes and pontoons--group of 10 guys gets the cut rate, so it works for club trips.

It ain't chasing wild fish in a Sierra stream, but it's a fun change of pace when you really need a reminder of what it's like to fight a fish. They have the hottest stockers I've ever seen--they routinely jump multiple times and make runs both deep and shallow. Plus most of the fish they put in are 18" or more (I caught a very hot 26 incher that went over six pounds two years ago that towed me around in my tube for a while after jumping four or five times.)

In October one yanked the rod out of my 91-year old grandfather's hands when it hit the rapala we were trolling and we nearly lost both the rod and gramps over the stern.

I'm actually going to take my wife and kids down there on Sunday to reacquaint them with fish. I can just about guarantee that all of them will hook something before my teenager gets bored with being on the boat with the family.

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    I'll have to bring you along Eric to take care of the fish for me, you know how I am about knocking out a fish.
    So the best technique I have seen was the main event UFC fight with Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar......Hammer Fist from Hell.

Nice job, Eric, you got me in the mood for patron. trying to make a brother fall off the wagon or what?