Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still alive and fishin

Default Still alive and fishin

I'm going to school at HSU in arcata now, and have been really busy, but getting alot of fishing in... here are some pics, enjoy.

"I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Default Fishing Humboldt

PM sent to you

Go 'Jacks!

I went to HSU for a couple of years after HS majoring in Fisheries Biology, however I figured that engineering would pay better, so the two years of fishing were all I got.

Thanks for the great photos! My favorite fishing spot while I was up there was Weitchpec on the Hoopa Res. Mouth of the Klamath and Mad River were good waters as well...

_SHig

Smile Post

Dustin,
    Thanks for the post. If you don't mind me asking, what type of lumbar pack is that? Orvis? Thanks in advance,
    Perry
    So Many Streams, So Little Time...

SHig the places you mentioned are all pretty cool... when fishable

fly flogger, that is an orvis pack let me know if you want more details about the pack.
    Dustin

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

I'm planning on attending HSU in a couple years for a fisheries biology degree. I'm trying to get some classes out of the way at MJC but after those pictures I'm thinking I better get a move on. John

We found out today that the school may be losing its accredidation. you may want to look into how that may affect you if you plan on graduating from HSU, but other than that I love it here especially the fisheries and forestry departments.

I graduated from HSU with a bachelor's in Environmental Resources Engineering (ERE). It was, and still is a great program. All the graduates I know from that program are making really good $$ right now. It's a tremendous challenge, one of the toughest undergrad programs of any type in the nation, but if you can hack it the rewards are many. If you were to switch, don't plan on doing as much fishing!!

Thanks for the pics and bringing back the memories. I loved living up there and would not change the experience for anything, even if I didn't get to fish as much as I had liked. At the time I was guiding in Alaska in the summers, so fishing wasn't such a high priority in the winter. But if I had to do it over again, I would have tried to fish just a little bit more.

-John

PS I'm not sure what you mean by "HSU" may lose it's accreditation. You're talking about a specific program, right? Accreditations are usually given by outside organizations, for example ABET accredits the ERE program. I am interested to hear what you are talking about and what the source of your information is. There have been rumors in the past the ERE program could theoretically lose its accreditation but those were just rumors that never came to pass. I know the director of the program I can find out more from her if anyone is interested in the status of the ERE program.

I'm not completely sure what your talking about but if it has something with not being able to get the degree I want from their I would like to hear more about it. I just started going back so I'm unclear on alot of the lingo. Thanks John

my original source was my living group advisor, which isn't a very reliable source so I googled -HSU acreditation wasc- and i may have over simplified things a little, but essentially the wasc acreditation team was here in february. WASC team members discussed whether it would be better to have the Educational Effectiveness Review at the end of that next academic year, in the spring term of 2010, to give HSU an opportunity to gather more evidence of educational effectiveness. the wasc team is essentially giving the school an extra year to prove its educational effectiveness.
    The school will likely pull through but if not we lose all federal financial aid and many many students