Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Strikes Again! aboard the Striper Piper!!!

Default Lightning Strikes Again! aboard the Striper Piper!!!

tune in for more details........
    I cant steal all the glory....
    I didn't catch it........

Paul
    Tight lines to all
    and to all a good Fight!!!!!

Come on Paul, quit teasing us!! Give up the story and the pics.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Default ok,ok

here are some teaser picks

Soooo... What happened next????? You are killing us with the tease! Pictures! Please! Bill

It's just a seal following the bait, there ain't no fish.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Cool pics none the less...would like to see the next couple of frames though...

Talking

Paul is back out on the delta this afternoon.... And, I'm at work!

Can't wait to go Sunday!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

From those teaser pics he put up, it looks like the weather was great. The water is pretty darn flat.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Shameful, shameful, shameful. Well maybe not, maybe your heart is still pumping so much you couldn't hit the keys until you calmed down some more!

When do we get to see the floating Eganator?
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Default Ok, here's what happened...

Paul, Jordan, and I put in at New Hope about 2PM, and worked our way South, hitting a few spots, using the sinking lines without any action at all, tried a couple more spots, then some others, still without any action to speak of, other than that I broke Paul’s TCR when I failed to notice the second section Farrell had loosened-up, and as I cast heard that awful ‘Crack’.
    He set me up with Robin’s 8 wt, and a bubble head on a floating line since the breeze had dropped a bit, but we still weren’t get any hits to speak of.
    We were returning to New Hope in the early evening, after seeing Mike, and some other boatload of anglers land a couple near Hog Slew.
    On our way back we decided to try one more spot, when Paul spotted some swirls, and said, “cast over there!” I did, and as I stripped back near the boat, saw one turn away…I cast right back at it again and in my haste, blew the cast, so tried another, much longer one, and as the water exploded near the fly, I remembered Paul’s, advice to keep stripping ‘till you feel weight…so, strip, strip, stri –BAM! My stripping hand almost hit the guide as the fish set the hook all by herself, and then it was on!
    I don’t recall how long the fight lasted –time kinda stood still there for awhile, but eventually we got it into the boat, and I was shocked by it’s size. Paul got her onto the Boca (27 lbs.), then I hoisted her up for a photo or two, then we got her back into the water to ensure her survival. Paul pulled her back out to measure her (he needs to get a longer tape decal –one that goes past 40” , then another picture, and back into the water.
    We spent another 30 minutes making sure she was recovered enough to make it, and that sweet little girl (little?) swam off on her own.
    Man, what a rush.

Thanks Paul, and Robin (for the use of the Rod)
    ..and thanks to Kevin Doran @ Delta adventures...... for showing Paul where, and how to find those Stripers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daves top water battle 008 web.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	32  
    Regards,
    Dave