Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Wooly Bugger ( or Woolly Bugger)

With this warm weather I wonder if they will still plant trout. It seems like they would go belly up after being put into the warmer than normal water. But then this is all an assumption that the water is warmer than normal.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

FYI, gates open at 6:00, $5 to get in, $3 to be part of the trout derby, first prize for adults $100 and $50 for under 16.

To win my little trophy that I am making, it will be for the biggest fish caught on a fly you name before the event. You must catch the fish on the fly you state you will be using and you must also list the color. This is and isn't a 1 fly tourny/fun event, you can have more than 1 of the same fly but it must be the exact same with no slight variations. We will go by length for the winner, that way people who do not want to keep a fish can just measure and bring in the length.

I will using the Andy Burke Dragonbugger tied by Matt Frey, I believe the color is olive or green.

Call your fly!?

Hmm... Well, my go-to is the copper angel leech. Damn, now everyone knows.

So, don't have to call the size, just the pattern?

_SHig

I'll go with the wiggle tail. Hah, just kidding.

You're killing me with this one color, requirement.

You know the fly that will kill 'em will be one of those stupid little red and white RS Specials.

I'll make do for this contest with an olive bh 'bugger. Although I've got to admit that no two flies of mine ever come out exactly the same.

Let's limit this to Saturday, that way on Sunday anything goes. There's nothing I like better than cycling through tons of flies looking for a killer combination. I've done well when bankies were throwing gold and black rapalas by going to a brown and black clouser. You never know what those little deformed trout brains are thinking of.

Look for me in the Black Pearl, probably all tangled up in fly line. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I like the Saturday rules, Sunday no holds barred (barbed?).

I know for sure I can get out Saturday, Sunday is still up in the air.

Seeya on the water!

_SHig

1 fly
    1 fish
    1 day

You can have multiple flies of the same size, color, and type. No variations allowed, if you tie them try to be as exact on each fly as possible. These are gentlemen's rules, so play fair but fight hard.

I started a new post in the stillwater section for my 1 fly, 1 fish, 1 day tournanment.

THIS IS CRAZYyyyyyyyyyyy.......I'll be there after the taco wagon open's in Sheldon (they have great taco's).......I'll be in my 8ft. alum. pram.......with a special wiggle tail for low light.....size 10......black. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    I will be using the Andy Burke Dragonbugger tied by Matt Frey, I believe the color is olive or green.
    Good Luck out there Scott. I am glad you're enjoying the Dragonbugger. The color on that fly is actually a combination of over a half dozen different colors of dubbing. The color I was going for was Muddy Electric Olive.