Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta 10-29

Default Delta 10-29

Well you guys that I called and could not go with me last night didn't miss much.............
    I only got two grabs...... the first one i never felt any weight.......................
    the second one did however hook-up!!!!!!

and boy did it hook up to a 24 1/2 pound Top Water Striper!!!!!!!!
    This fish......wait a minute..... i wont tel you the whole story of the whole day but i have to tell you about the cast before this one..........
    70' 1/4 back off the bow to the south........two strips and Swirl behind the fly (as big as a garbage can lid) keep the fly moving.....strip strip all the way to the leader and I saw a huge fish (I thought to be about 12# flash and another fish about the same size RAM it in the side to knock it away from my fly (PINK KD Rattle Tail)..... deep breath, turn the boat, and shoot the fly out about 85' across from where I thought the fish came from....... two strips and another big swirll.... huge wake this time strip, pause, strip..... this fish followed the fly tell it got about 20' from the boat and i could see it under the fly for about 4-5 strips..... all this time I am on the phone.......the stripe finally grabs the fly i feel weight and set the hook by my estimation the fish would have been around 12# or so by what i saw...... it took a hard run turned the boat around and I cranked down the drag (super 12a/r able) and then palmed the reel to get him to turn........he did and when he saw the boat he turned again..... when he got to the end of the line the second time he came all the way out of the water and I just about fell out of the boat. some one called later and after i had told him that i had just caught a 24 1/2# stripe he asked how long it took to land and i said "thousands and thousands of heart beats"..............
    in the boat with the fish weighted two quick snaps and back in the water........he took a long time to get going (I thought my arms were going to fall off hanging over the side of the boat they were shaking so bad) but I made sure that that wonderful fish would fight another day.....

Tight lines to all
    and to all a good FIGHT!!!!!!!

Paul........

PS.... Thanks K.D. @ Delta adventures...... for the great lesson on TW stripes.......
    I owe this fish to you....... you only get one guess where I caught it.....
    Stripers like PINK..... and I sure do "LIKE EM' BIG ON TOP!!!"
    Im still shaking......
    Last edited by paulegan81; 10-29-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: picture location

Man, this reads like Hemingway!!!!!

SUPERB FISH! Well done!

Mike
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.

Damn, that's a nice fish Paul!!

I like your estimated landing time, "thousands and thousands of heartbeats". A fish like that makes the whole day worthwhile.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Very impressive!

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Synhorst View Post
    A fish like that makes the whole day worthwhile.
    That fish made the whole week, month, the last 2 1/2 years of boat owning, and 36 years of fishing......WORTH IT!!!!

Paul.....

That's wonderful Paul........

You have worked very hard so I feel you deserved that fish.

Wish I could have been there to see it...........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Congratulations Paul, that's awesome! Especially enjoyed your detailed account -- even got my heart rate going.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Congrats Paul! Great report, and an awesome fish. Robert

Good for you Paul.

You should think about getting a tripod for your camera so whenever you get those quality fish you will be in the shot with the fish.

Default Tripod???

My boat is too small for my tripod.......
    and i was shaking so bad it would have been blurry anyway
    and i just snapped a Quick shot and got him/her back in the water as soon as possible
    Usually I have someone with me like today when Robin got a 8#'er and a 6#'er..........
    but I was so excited last night I left the memory card in the puter this morning,........
    she is not real happy with me.......she'll just have to get a bigger one next time.....
    I think the rain will be good once the wind stops down there it should be on FIRE!!!!
    Like it's not all ready.......HA,HA

Paul
    Tight lines to all
    and to all a good fight

OH yea.... the laundry/stripping basket is 22 inch. long
    Last edited by paulegan81; 10-30-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: more info