Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Jack's Grill' in Redding, CA

Default Can't beat a Jack's steak...

the secret is the steaks are cooked in the used oil from the french fries!!

Ain't worryin' about MY cholesterol!!

Mike

Yes, it is fabulous steak:

It can get very, very, busy, and slow, but it is worth waiting for, at least once.

I haven't been in a while but have been several times in the past.
    Jack's has been known for the amount of alcohol some consume during the long wait for a table. Both of the last two times I ate there I saw guys who had passed out with their face on the plate.......

I spent many years as a food broker covering the valley from Tulare to the Oregon border. You get to know a lot of best restaurants and the other reps and they all know and love Jack's. It alway's comes up as one of the best steaks in the valley. Corn fed, local beef, pan seered with salt and pepper and plenty of butter. I know this because I watched them cook them. Steak, baked potatoes, large ranch salads nothing fancy just one of the best steaks you'll ever taste. If you're looking for noveau California cuisine this ain't your type of place. I've taken a number of people there over the years and they always balk at the appearance, but end up loving the place and talking about it for years. About the wait and the booze. The owner make no bones about the wait-it's so you spend time in the bar. Take a cab and just enjoy the funloving crowd and the great steak.