Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Jack's Grill' in Redding, CA

Default 'Jack's Grill' in Redding, CA

http://www.jacksgrillredding.com/

Tod Setzer was talking about Jack's Grill in Redding.

He says it is very famous for it's steaks.

Anyone else have a comment?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Bills Place in Wheatland

I try to stop in every time I go to the Yuba. Funky little place that has a grill right in the dinning room. I call it the dirty steak cuz the old lady who works behind the counter takes your money, then comes around the counter to where the grill is and throws your steak on the fire without ever washing her hands. Cool place, with some interesting old cowboy displays.

oops that was supposed to be a new thread.

Haven't heard of Jack's but will give it a try next time I'm in town. Redding has a lot of good eateries. One of my favorites is LULU's across the street from the Cypress street Safeway, the one on the west side of the river. Good food, reasonable prices and good service. Try the club sandwich. There are several decent Asian restaurants as well.
    do it with a long rod and a gentle touch.

Default jack's

Jack's is one of the best kept secrets in Redding. It's really nothing fancy, small, dark, and unbelievable steaks. Neat bar too, all in the same room. Been around since the 1940's. It is in old town Redding near the train station. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by trinity; 11-09-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Default jack's grill

Followed the recommendation to try Jack's Grill this Friday but ran into a snag. The place was packed and had an hour and a quarter waitlist. This would indicate that the food is probably good despite the outward appearance which is not impressive and reminds me of certain places where they check you for guns and knives at the door and if you don't have one they give you one. Will try it again in the future with reservations and report on the food.

Default Jack's again

Finally got to try Jack's Grill. Good steak, good service, but the menu is very short with few sides. They do provide a huge bowl of simple salad and the steak comes with a potato side dish of your choice. Prices are about average for an independent steak house. This place is very popular with the locals and if you don't get there early you'll have a long wait for a table.
    I'd rate it about 3 stars on a scale of 5.

Default jacks is open late

just a side note about the long lines at Jacks, get off the river, have a nice drink, shower and go late..... I think there open till 11pm so after 9 or so the regular dinner crowd is gone. Victor

the steaks at jacks are great. if jacks is busy just around the block is market street steak house. they have great food a nice bar and are open for lunch. prices are decent service is good.

Default Jack's Grill

Are you flying in from Houston Texas to have a steak in Redding????
    I live on the Trinity River and flyfish, catch and release, almost everyday if I can.