Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American update

Pez I'm starting with the Fair Oaks and Rancho Cordova chamber of Commerce. And If you are out of the area that is a good start, and woudl really get some attention. These breakins hurt business. I am calling them and sending an e-mail to their web-site.
    After that I haven't decided if its the Sheriffs office or the Park dept. I am not going to take this any longer. This is the second time a window has been smashed on my vehicle and I know of too many others that are too good natured and too comfortable to do anything about this !

The price of a few minutes of my time is worth getting this out in the open. I pay a lot of money for my equipment and my time off is hard to come by. And quite frankly the window wasn't that much money or the sunglasses.I work and live in Sacto not Oroville and that is no excuse for for thieves.
    I swear I'll be home by noon this time!!

Thumbs up Action....

The river below Nimbus dam is the responsibility of the County of Sacramento, Parks & Recreation Department. There's some responsibility for the County Sheriff's Office as well. The Chambers of Commerce are a good place to ask for support before the County council but you might have to talk to your district representative or the whole Council at a regularly scheduled meeting.

You can start the process on-line by accessing the counties website....

Good luck.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Anyone know what the water temp is?

Perhaps we can post and an electronic petition on this message board for members to post their names? Once we get a shitload of names and we send it to the County with a letter saying that we're fed up with the vandalism along AR parkway and request that something be done? At the very least...it will resurface the issue again as still being unresolved. Take the diplomatic political route.
    Fish in "stealth" mode.

Just a thought, but it may help to get the ear of a sympathetic county supervisor or maybe a state legislator. Elected officials generally do two things: 1) put pressure on the bureaucracy to do things a little different/shift priorities; and 2) if they need to, they can run legislation to address bigger issues. The parks guys, I am sure, are trying their best given their situation, but a letter/face to face with an elected official may be more effective -- that is why they are there, to address the needs of their constituencies.
    Last edited by flounder; 10-19-2008 at 06:22 AM.

Water temp as of yesterday is 63-64 degrees.
    Get to whats reel

Instead of fishing, next time lay up the the back of your rig with a shotgun...

They had this problem on the Kern a few years back. From what I gather, a few retired Firefighters, and also avid fly fisherman who happened to be break in victims, developed a plan.

They got a dummy vehicle, left it in the dirt parking lot. When the guys smashed the window, firefighter #1 in the bushes locked a chain around the posts at the single entrance. Then firefighters #2 and #3 went to town on the vehicle owned by the thieves with them still in it. I'm not aware that they went to town on the thieves themselves.

Needless to say those guys stopped breaking into cars.

I fished above Watt a couple weeks back, had a meth head drag a log into the water and into the seam I was fishing............crazy $#%&^*( with nothing to do but get into trouble..........
    Last edited by wjorg; 10-27-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling