Thread: another sierra report

Default another sierra report

OK, so I "borrowed" Scott V's stomping grounds for a few hours Sunday afternoon. Awesome. Not only did I land 3 10-inch plus rainbows and LDR'ed another, but they were all caught on the flies I tied. Now I understand what others have said about that feeling! BTW Scott, the flow is higher and the water is colder. And that leads me to a question for all -- anybody have recommendations for a starter set of waders to use here in the American and in some of our canyon streams? I do want to keep my feet from freezing but don't want to drop $500. Thanks, ahead of time.

I knew you would be back there soon. Good job on getting into some more fish. That place is grat for anyone and everyone. As for waders I went with Cabella's just for the fact they had so many different sizes that I was able to find one that fit me. Simms and others make great waders but do not carry a size that fit as good as the Cabelas ones do, plus I am oddly sized. Plus the price is great, I payed $175 for mine and they have a no questions warranty.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

We have Simms 'Freestones', 'L2s' and 'Rivertecks' on sale now because they are changed or discontinued for 2009.

Freestones $199 - now $149

L2s $249 - now $199

Rivertecks $299 - now $249

Simms has the only American made waders, plus they are all pressure tested at their factory in Boseman, Montana.

L2s and Rivertecks are made with Gore-Tex which is still the worlds top vapor barrier.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Patagonia makes the best gear for the outdoors and their waders are awesome. They offer an Iron Clad Guarantee, meaning they will repair or replace your waders if they fail, no questions asked.

Plus Patagonia gives back to the environment. Can't say Simms does that....

Scott - you'd fit a Large Short pretty well.

Default Simms Bargains

Sorry DTP916, but I'm a big fan of the Simms Rivertechs. 3 long seasons wearing them and they're still not leaking and look great. Simms make all sorts of odd sizes too. Even more odd sizes if you're willing to pay a little extra and have your bootie (foot) size paired with a larger than normal girth (not the factory "super model" size manufacturers pass of as xlg) size wader. Check Simm's sizing chart on their website.

I'm not knocking down Patagonia, but they're not made in the US or UK, or are they? I always try to buy American, English or local when it comes to my flyfishing equipment. I don't think it costs that much more. Also, Kiene's carries Simms and they're at a "close-out" sale price. A real bargain. Give them a shot.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

Patagonia waders are made in China.
    "Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught."

We have some Patagonia waders on sale too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the tips guys, and Bill, thanks for the good sale info. I'll try to swing by the store on Saturday to see what you have. I'm not a big guy, but my feet are. Does that make any difference? Size 12 or so. I guess I'll need some boots too. Do you have any on sale? Thanks!

BTW, I tried sending a PM, but it says your space is full. Maybe you can change your allotted space to "never-ending."