Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitch's bobbin whirler

Hey Don,

You can to www.flytyingforum.com to see a video demonstration of the bobbin in use. It's pretty handy if you like using a dubbing loop. I also have a hard time tying with regular bobbins anyways since I use an automatic bobbin now so I can't really give you an opinion of the product as I never considered getting one.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Thank you Jeff. I'll report my experience after tying a few dozen double magic type flies.

Good going oldtrout. Just so you know, sarcasm is always welcome here. In the future though, you might want to imbibe a little first, it seems to help. Which subspecies of Cutthroat did you get onto in Washington? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    Which subspecies of Cutthroat did you get onto in Washington? Ed
    Oncorhynchus clarkii lewisi

PS I had no problem with this thread or with your posts until your buddy Scott, whom I've never had any interaction with, jumped on with his "I just looked at your post for the first time and was able to find what you are looking for by serching [sic] for the product in less than 1 minute. Maybe instead of being sarcastic you shold [sic] have googled and found what you wanted" jibe.

Maybe I tried my best to find this item before posting. Do you think Scott ever gave me the consideration that this might be the case? Of course it's no big deal, but certainly this was not a nice first encounter for me on this board.

I have no idea what you expect from folks who post here, but I can adapt.

Oldtrout did you see my post?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace
    Oldtrout did you see my post?
    Yes, and you guessed correctly. I think it could replace the bobbin and dubbing loop tools in my travel tying bag, perhaps the whip finish tool too. I often tie on my fishing trips to match whatever's on the water (or at least attempt to match), so a good multitasking tool would be quite useful as well as space saving. When I go fishing/camping the car is packed to the gills.

Ah the Westslope. I received a book on the Cutthroats a few months ago, now I feel a quest beginning to stir.
    I've got Henshawi, Seleniris, and Pleuriticus. Clarkii's next, then it's time to start out of state trips to round them all up.
    It won't be quick, but it will be fun. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Ed, I recommend this book.

That's the one I've got. Most would be bored to tears with it, but I read it all the way through and still keep re-reading chapters.

Last time a book lit me up like this was over twenty? years ago. Ralph Cutter's Sierra Trout Guide. Made a high country junkie out of me. Ed

I think this bobbin would rock. it looks easy to use vs. the other types that are out there.