Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitch's bobbin whirler

Default Mitch's bobbin whirler

Anyone know who sells this gizmo?

http://www.flytyingtools.com/webpage...er_mitchs.html

What does that thing do? Trim your nose hairs and floss your teeth at the same time?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default ???

Maybe a bobbin and whip finisher in one
    So Many Streams, So Little Time...

It looks like a dubbing loop tool built into the bobbin !?!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam, I think you're probably right, but c'mon, that's not very funny. Have a drink and try again.
    If you put fine enough thread in it you could not only lasso the fleas on your dog but also hog tie them.

It could be a fish release device, you simply wind thread around the fish's tongue, tie it with the convenient wire attachment, and you have all day to fiddle around with the hook.

Ever have problems with annoying pigeons roosting on your eaves? With this device you simply reach up, make 5 wraps around the offending birds legs, make a half hitch with the attached looped wire and carry the bird off to a more friendly location.

I've got more, but I've got to go to bed. Feel free to expand on this wondrous device. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I posted the same request on another board and received some actual help. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrout
    I posted the same request on another board and received some actual help. Thanks guys.
    I just looked at your post for the first time and was able to find what you are looking for by serching for the product in less than 1 minute. Maybe instead of being sarcastic you shold have googled and found what you wanted. But here is what I found "http://www.flytyingtools.com/webpages/tools/bobbin_whiler_mitchs.html"

And if people didn't post anything because they couldn't find it, your post would have been at the bottom and I would have never looked at it.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board sorry if we are a bunch of characters that like to joke around.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott,

After calling several fly shops listed as dealers on the Wasatch website, including Kiene's, I posted a sincere question asking for help.

I enjoy jokes as much as the next guy; but, in my opinion the "joke" posts were lame at best and not the least bit funny. Perhaps if I were "impaired" when reading them I'd have had a different opinion.

I did not intend my follow-up post to be taken as sarcasm, but as the honest response to what transpired it was meant to be.

Please forgive me for not being as internet savvy as you.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Don

Edit: I just received a call from the Dean Childs at Wasatch. Now that's great customer service.

Hi oldtrout

Sorry, I have been very busy trying to get an online store running so I did not see your post till now.

I called my supplier and they have them in stock now.

Give me your mailing address and I will send you one to test for us.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

Thank you for the offer, but I have already placed an order with another fly shop.

I'm sure you don't remember, but several years ago I had to take an unexpected business trip to the state of Washington and needed a travel-friendly rod ASAP. I called you and the next day a four piece Sage SLT and a Ross Evolution loaded with a Sage Quite Taper II was delivered in time to make my flight. I must say the outfit is excellent, even for a bamboo guy like me.

Your customer service was outstanding and my boring business trip became a Cutthroat adventure I fondly remember.

Sincere regards,
    Don