Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite breathable raincoat for wading?

Default Favorite breathable raincoat for wading?

What is yours?

Just curious because there are too many now for us to choose from.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Cool

I use the cabelas guide wading jacket-its long enough to come down over waders, breathable has lots of pockets and was less money than simms etc.....
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

If it is going to be raining all day I prefer to use a plastic poncho. They weight nothing and do not gain weight as the rain come down like a jacket can.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default rain jackets

Aloha, I use BW sports rain gear. The light jacket is breathable. I use the heavy guide jacket and bibs for colder days and when it is heavy rain off-shore. They work great while wading also. mems.
    Don Memmer

Buying 4 license from now on via Clarkston, WA

The patagonia deep wading jacket is top notch Bill. I got mine from you 50% off last year and it is on EVERY trip. Weighs next to nothing, 100% waterproof, neoprene cuffs.

Absolutely bomber!

me
    Not unless round's funny!?!

I have a older Simms G3 jacket that I have taken to Alaska 2 times and use it on the Trinity.
    I have been extremely happy with it. If I were looking for another jacket I would consider the Original Simms Guide jacket. I guess it depends on where you are going to use it. If I were using it close to home here in CA I would consider the Redington's but If I were going to be on a 10 day float in a remote area I would fork out the bucks for a high end Simms. I also have a Simms Freestone light weight goretex jacket that I use when its not too cold and it folds up nicely in the back of my vest. Simms seems to be very high priced but their stuff does what its supposed to do and does it very well. I guess its the price you pay to be warm, dry and comfortable. No I do not work for Simms.

Jet

i have a patagonia deep wading jacket as well and am very happy with it. It hasn't disappointed me yet. From valley tailwaters in wintertime, pyramid lake when it brutally cold to roaming the delta ( especially last weekend) and a few places in between. Very light, and kept me warm and dry.

The original simms guide jacket now know as the "classic". I have had mine for at least 8-9 years. If you periodically treat the gore-tex and take decent care, it will last forever. If I had to get a new one, I would get another Simms or Patagonia SST or Guidewater.

When fishing on the Alaskan coast in September on the Tsiu River for Silvers it will usually rain and blow some but it's not really cold yet.

Having really good breathable rain coat and good breathable waders is so neat.

We have stayed out there all day through the rain and wind and not been cold or wet.

I like Gore-Tex so I use the Simms products but many have great luck with the Patagonia gear.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I fished a week this summer up in Labrador out in boats and wading at Copper's Minipi River Camps for Brook trout and Pike. We wore our waders and then had rain jackets. We got "monsoon-ed" several times during the week. It's nice to have good new Gore-Tex breathable gear in that situation.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Here in CA in doesn't rain except in the winter time so we don't use rain coats that much.............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Talking Breathable Raingear

Very happy with the Redington Redststorm my wife picked up at the shop.