Thread: 3 Day Weekend Report

Default 3 Day Weekend Report

Only got one shad every evening (Thur-Sun) this past holiday weekend. I talked to a guy that snorkeled the river and he said that he ran into a big school with large fish in the middle part of the river. The highlight of the weekend was when I found a small pod of them in the middle of the day and got 8 in about 2 hours. I went back yesterday to the same spot and they were gone. I haven't seen any spawning activity after sunset so they still must be around. Jeff C.

Phil and I took our prams out to Sunrise yesterday evening. Had the place pretty much ot ourselves.

Right at sundown we both started getting hits. Phil landed one and I landed two. We also had some LDR's and missed grabs. I think this is only Phil's second shad. Lot of fun once it cooled down a bit. Ed

That's one happy camper. I think he's gotten superstitious about those shorts.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

What is Phil going to do the day he loses those shorts. Take up golf?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Anybody going out there tonight?

I'll be sunset to dark. Jeff C.

I tell ya guys, when those shorts go I'm gonna have to find a clock tower, or just put the .40 cal under my chin

Yep, that's only my second Shad. Geez what a kick, I forgot how hard those son's a gun's can pull. It's so good we only had 3 in and a few more missed, yet we kept after 'em even though there were small Steelie's going crazy all around us.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.