Thread: Weekend Report

Default Weekend Report

Well, I finally got the smell of skunk off from me this past weekend. I told myself I wasn't going home until I caught at least one Friday evening and ended up with 4. Saturday Bruce and I did some recon and found some nice looking water but no one home. Went out in the evening and it was pretty good. Got 10 in a couple of hours. Sunday was slower and I ended up with 5 fishing three different spots. All fish were caught on a size 10 Bloody Maria and Type 2 shooting head. Jeff C.

I'll add to Jeff's report, I was out on Friday for most of the day. My dad and I decided to head up earlier than normal as we had been hearing the bite during the early afternoon was good. We were on the water by 1PM and I had my first fish on my 2nd cast. Dad and I got about 5 or 6 fish within the next half hour or so. We pretty much had a steady pick of fish until about 3PM. I guess we both had about 10 fish by the time everyone started showing up at 4PM.

From there the bite died just like it has over the last week. I think a total of 3 fish were caught between 4-7PM. Finally the bite started about 715 and it was nonstop action till dark.

Final tally me: 24, dad: 22. It was a fun night, my dad and I had numerous doubles. I had a double myself when I was fishing two flies. It was nice meeting you Ed.

We were both fishing our 10' 7w with type III heads. Hot fly was wet pinky #8, some fish caught on a #8 chartreuse head/orange body as well.

Here's some pictures:

Same here Chris. You and your dad have way too much fun fishing together. Very entertaining evening listening to you guys ribbing each other. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.