Thread: 1st kings of the year!!

Default 1st kings of the year!!

These are our first kings of the year, caught trolling. My son John had a small one (20 pounds) and then we got these 2. Both were 35 pounds. It's John's biggest king. He had some last night and tonight. Nothing like the first king salmon of the season.

Default King's....

Wow!!! Thassa some fish..... Congrats!!! Lotsa good eatin' there. MMM, MMM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Were you right out of Anchorage, AK ?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, I have a cabin at Anchor Point, 200 miles from Los Anchorage and 15 miles from Homer. We were out in the salt trolling herring and flashers. My goal this year is to get a king off the beach on a fly. Condition have to be perfect for that- flat calm, no kelp and clean water. As far as king fishing in Anch, we have Ship Creek. Its a small fishery area wise- only fishing at the mouth and very muddy. But lots of fish caught there. It is a hatchery enhanced run and on a good year people land maybe 10,000 kings and over 20,000 silvers. Here is another pic from this weekend.....

Default nice kings

Aloha Phil nice kings. Lots of steaks with those guys. Do you ever get white kings? I am sure Steve will like the hat. Take care, Don.
    Don Memmer

Mems, these fish were going to be spawners this year in one of the Inlet rivers. We never get any white spawners but a good number of the feeder kings are white (may 10 to 30 %). Most are Canadian fish and they certainly are yummy! Not many feeders around lately according to my buddies that fish everyday. The ocean water is cold (38 this weekend) and the bait has boogied. No bait means no feeder fish.