Thread: Heads Up!

Default Heads Up!

Any of you guys thinking about hitting Cache Creek, keep you eyes open for rattlers. Took Dog Boy out for a run today and ran into a 4 1/2 footer. Luckily I saw the serpant before Dog Boy. It's that time of year, keep your eyes open!

Man I hate snakes!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Was that near where you live? Took our dogs down there Tuesday evening and didn't see any.

Thanks for the warning!

ryeflyguy

Yea, it was right behind my house on the dirt road across the irrigation ditch. I also saw another on a trail closer to the river, I'm not sure if it was a rattler though.

That must have been you walking out there with the rod case and vest on. Did you happen upon any Smallies? I was going chat with you on you return but you slipped by somehow. I always talk to the fishers if I see them. There hasn't been too many fishing yet this spring.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

The whole area is lousy with Rattlers .

At times .... it looks like a writhing bowl of Brown pasta - avoid Cache at all costs !!!!!! Also Lions/Yellowjackets/Bigfoots(Bigfeet?)/hard , death-march hiking/Ticks/'Skeeters/no good access/oven-like heat/Rednecks on ATV's that will run you down ........ just stay home , or go fish at Putah .

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED , DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU

David , who truely cares for your safety

Mike,

No fish, it was more an opportunity to get one of my wife's nephews introduced to flycasting.

David,

Thanks for all the concern I don't know how we survived... luck I guess...

In all my years of bushwacking through rattler territories, including Texas, I have yet to run into one of these beasts. Actually kind of disappointed about it. Sounds like Cache would be a good spot to see one finally.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.