Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunfish photos and descriptions -

Hey guys I would love to come along. Camera and Fly rod in hand. My only issue is work days off are in the middle of the week. Good for me and crowds but bad for fishouts. Lagoon Valley is not to far from me and I would love to learn some new tactics and haven't fished for perch yet. Let me know and I will see what I can do.....Craig.

p.s. Dave great shots those are not easy.

This is shaping up nicely !!

I've gotten several Emails and PM's (plus , the posts here) from boardies wanting to do the HARD job of collecting specimens (oh , the horror ....) , so I'll set a date after this weekend .

It doesn't hurt that I got my little 7 1/2 foot , 4 wt. Fenwick back from the factory today (they sent me a new one) - I killed the tip a few years ago fishin' Creek Bass w/ Hairstacker ....

I thought he was gonna cry when it broke

Anyhoo ..... you know the process after getting a new stick - get some slime and blood on it

What'll work best for y'all ?? Mid-week , or a weekend day ????

David

Hey David! Sundays through Wednesdays work best for me but I'm just gonna wait and see what everyone else decides and then do my darndest to make it.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Weekend for me is the best, work is a little crazy right now.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Headed to Cameron Park Friday night the 23rd to start the photo expedition, if anyone would like to assist me in catching and taking photos I will be there around 5:00 til dark. I am thinking of taking the pictures so that you can see the actual size by using the apron on my float tube that has a ruler on it. Are there any other particular poses or areas of the fish you would like to see Dave. I will include date, place, fly, and water temp along with my submissions.

I like to join you scott, we did a fishout last monday, and the bluegill were right on top. Here's a bad picture of a nice bluegill i caught monday evening.

Scott -

Whatever you shoot will be fine ! Good hunting !

Gene -

That is a Green Sunfish/Bluegill hybrid . The body is too tall to be a pure Greenie (not that you asked for a correction , just thought you'd want to know) . Nice fish !!!!

David

I'll see you on Friday Gene, I was out on Sunday evening and was gettin them on top as well as on nymphs just under the surface. But nothing beats a little brut busting foam gurglers on top.

That's a nice fish Gene! May I ask why type of fly and hook size you got him on?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Redear Sunfish

Ok, so here's my contribution to this post... This gal was over 7" long, and caught her on a leech (according to "wiki", females have orange behind the operculum and males have bright red http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redear_sunfish ).

Redear Sunfish
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."