Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunfish photos and descriptions -

Default Sunfish photos and descriptions -

I will be planning a few dates this spring/summer to collect different Sunfish species for photos and decriptions - we need a database so I don't hear "I caught some Perch" anymore !

Anyone interested in 'collecting' all the different fish can sign on now for future trips (which will be flexable , as far as when/who/where) . I'm hoping Kienes will be able to put this information here on-line so people can avoid the confusion between Redears , 'Gills , Greenies , Sac Perch , etc. . Perhaps we can start a 'Sunfish-Slam' club ?

This is long overdue , IMO .....

David

Little big fish on tiny poles, I am in. Bring on the fishes!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Sounds good. I'll lend a hand.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas
    Sounds good. I'll lend a hand.
    Terry
    That'll be swell ! I enjoyed our all too brief chat today , hope we have a chance to do it more often

Scott -

My 4 wt. should be back from the Fenwick factory soon ..... we'll go hunt .

David

David, you should see if you can get one of our photog guys in on this. High quality pics are a must. Since they are "sunfish" how about pics depicting the differences between Largemouth and Spotted Bass? As for Sacramento Perch, grrrrrrrrrr , I still have an unsatisfied grudge against them. I'll have to even that score before long. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    As for Sacramento Perch, grrrrrrrrrr , I still have an unsatisfied grudge against them. I'll have to even that score before long.
    We ARE do for a rematch , yeah ????

Don't forget those bloodthirsty Redeyes

I wonder if Ben Bolden would be keen to shoot this one ? Not like we don't have several world-class Photogs on this board ........

Whenever you want to hit Lagoon Valley .......

David

Maybe we should get us a little group affair for Lagoon Valley. Just let everyone know beforhand, no smoking in the park and,..............wait for it,..................your dog is not allowed to poop in the park. There's a sign. Gotta get a picture of that. Ole Rover'll just have to hold it in.

Oh yeah, the windier the better. If you can't fish from atop a 2 foot wave in a float tube then you just can't fish, and apparantly I just can't fish. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default Sacto Perch....

Think I'd rather go to Pyramid Lake to catch Sacramento Perch.... At least you can mix up the catch. The wind's still a concern, tho.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

OMG , the no Dog-crap sign ! I totally forgot about that one !!!

Honest ? I doubt many here (right .... ANYWHERE) would be willing to tube that chop . I think that trip will fall into legend .

You were on the other side of the Island when I hooked the dead Snake - I forgot about that one , also ...

David

Darian -

Isn't P. closed to Cutty fishing when it's warm enough for Sac. Perch ??

David