Thread: !!!!BANG!!!!!!!

Default !!!!BANG!!!!!!!

Hit some private water yesterday (one of the perks of me joining the Granite Bay Flycasters last week ....) . Some people really know how (WHERE) to live !!

First up - a small lake stocked w/ Trout . For stockers .... they were great fighters !! I landed 3 , and our host had 8 or 9 before my first bite (helps to be on 'em everyday) .

Second - tubin' a small pond reputed to have Largemouth the size of small children . I started out hitting a point that our host had assured me there would be some piggies .....

He was right .

Due to snotty weeds .... I switched from my Leech to a Sneaky Pete - 5 or 6 casts and a dink LMB blows-up and comes to hand . I thought this was a good sign (!!!!!) and , thinking the breeze would riffle the surface a bit more .... tyed on a 1/0 Griz/Yellow/White Dahlberg and went to work slapping the weed edges .

Landed 2 -2LBS , 1-3LBS , and one horror a hair under 5 LBS , along w/ a few dinks that came in .

Nice to get the topwater thing off to a good start early .....

David

Gotta love private water, I might be hitting some good water this Sundy myself.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Very cool David! Nothing quite like private water. Sounds like you had a blast, good for you!

Did you get a hat for joining the club? I've thought of joining the Tracy club for years but have just never got around to it. I keep telling myself this year is the year.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

No hat yet , Mike .... I haven't even been to a proper meeting yet .

I tell ya - almost loaded my waders when the big one came out ....... Biggest Bass I've had on in several years !! I used that Fenwick W.C. 8 1/2 foot 8 wt. I had built last year , it seemed just a little light

You KNOW things are lookin' up when an EIGHT seems light !!!!!

David

Very nice David. =D> Nice to know there's some good topwater starting up. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.