wlredband, gonna have to agree to disagree. There are some interworkings that puts this boat over the top some i can say some i cant say. I can tell you it's infused aka vacuum packed when it comes to the epoxy resin, no layering and rolling the epoxy on the boat. There is a core cell foam and gets sucked down to 1/8". This stiffens up the hull and supports the carbon fiber, its the middle structure. The other stuff I can't say.
As for taking a beating, yes rocks do cause damage, but surface damage and easily fixable. Hitting those rocks at 3-5mph is a lot different than hitting waves going 50-60mph, at 80mph water is like concrete. Hitting waves going that fast may not cause surface damage but over time will create small stress fracture cracks you cant see. Not easy to fix. Both are bad and both are caused over time. Ill take hitting rocks. Having worked on a few planes that may or may not have had carbon fiber/Kevlar I know how it can be used and its structural integrity. If done correctly that stuff is hard to beat, F1 cars are built out of it, super cars, bikes and the list goes on. You can be skeptical, but I personally know what that material can and can't do. This drift boat will revolutionize the DB world.