Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Largemouth fly swap

Default My pattern...

I will by tying a fly version of the shakey head worm. It has a rabbit strip body with a small foam strip to float the tail of the fly, and Clouser eyes to keep the head down. Mike

Bill (AKA fishngy), those are some killer-looking bugs!! They have bass written all over 'em. \/

Scott (AKA slage), I appreciate the very welcoming comments, thank you! Well, I've agonized somewhat as to whether to tie up some deer hair bugs for this swap, as I don't have a lot of free time these days and it takes me forever to do a bunch I'd be satisfied enough with to give away. Nevertheless, I'll give a go at some red/white deer hair Tap's Bugs and see how I do on time as we approach April. The red/white Tap's Bug remains an all-time favorite of mine, and I've had it work for me when nothing else worked, including deer hair divers. I've also had some of my most exciting fishing with these flies, especially when retrieved really fast and the fish fall all over themselves trying to get it -- I've had individual bass hit it multiple times on a single fast retrieve. This is also the fly which I once cast it out there and just let it sit and had a bass leave the water about a foot away from the fly, go straight up in the air, do a complete dolphin arch at the top of its leap, then come straight down, head-first like an Olympic diver right on top of the fly. (My coolest bass moment ever. )

If I don't think I can make it with the Tap's Bugs, I'll switch over to a killer streamer fly -- the one I used in the report I posted on 12/12. That's the plan, anyway.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Windy, stuck at home. Good time to knock out my Hairy Fodders for the swap. Got tired of the same fly over and over again.

A different flavor
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Disgustingly neat bench , you should be ashamed .

David

GREAT looking flies Ed!
    -- Mike

I am seeing some great flies. Thank you to everyone that has joined up.

When you have finished tying your flies, put a label on them with your user name and the flies name. Then mail them to me at:

Ottolini & Associates
    Attn: Scott Vaughn
    3035 Prospect Park
    Suite 190
    Rancho Cordova, CA

Include either return postage or say you would like to pick them up at Kiene's expo on April 19th.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default So how many flies do we send?

My flies are done and ready to send. We don't have 15 tyers signed up. Should I send 12 or what? Mike

Default Re: So how many flies do we send?

Quote Originally Posted by mike borba
    My flies are done and ready to send. We don't have 15 tyers signed up. Should I send 12 or what? Mike

Wait until the 7th. I will close the swap and then send me the needed amount.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Man, flies done already? I seem to be getting off to a slower start than some. . . . I set all my Tap's Bug deer hair on the dining room table with the intention of tying in the morning. This is what I woke up to:

As it turns out my wife's dog, who somehow missed out on about 10 million years of evolutionary brain development, decided to have a field day. Actually surprised that's all I could find left of an entire northern white bucktail, two patches of white deer belly fur, and a patch of red deer body fur.

I thought of dyeing half of him red and using his fur as a substitute but his fur doesn't spin or stack worth a darn.

-- Mike

Aww Mike that sucks, sorry to hear about your loss

I had my parents dog eat one of my partridge skins, needless to say that was a costly dog meal. At least bucktails are relatively cheap, hopefully they weren't special tails.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member