Thread: Camping Spot

Default Camping Spot

I'm looking for a tent camping spot to set up a "fish camp" this spring on the Lower Sac. I want to get as close to the Possee Grounds / Sundial Bridge as possible. I will be needing a location with showers/pizza joint and laundry facility nearby. You know, nothing too rough, I'm getting older. Anybody have any suggestions?

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

If your as old as me it's called holliday inn. Seriously though Roster if you find a good one please let me know. Paul

Default Camp location

I'm trying to avoid staying in the cheap hotels one finds in that little hotel/traveler magazine one finds in McDonalds and such. I'd like to find one right on the banks of the river, if possible.

My Google search revealed a lot, but didn't show any near the Sundial Bridge or Possee Grounds. I'll let the board know if I find anything. Anyone? Camping spots aren't secret, or are they?

FYI, I just bought a folding matress from Costco ($43, a steal) to make the tent ordeal more bearable for my middle-aged bones.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

I believe there is a KOA in Redding.

Default Camp Spot

Mike,

I've looked. The only KOA I could find is in Mount Shasta. Not much other info out there.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

This may help. I stayed ther about 10 years ago. Perhaps its out of business. I Googled KOA and they listed this information. Redding KOA 280 Boulder Dr. Redding, Ca 96003 800-562-0899

rooster

couple of years ago i camped overnight in Redding to float the L Sac. Can't remember the name, but there is an RV type place that you can see from I5 on the West just above where the hwy crosses the river. its on the south side of Redding and you have to double back quite a ways on the west frontage road.

we set up our tent in a grassy area of the RV park. sorry, can't remember the name or the rate or for how long they would let you stay. hopefully someone on the board more familiar with Redding could shoot you the name.

hope this helps.

bp
    Wishin' I was a Fishin'

The RV "park" he is referring to is likely Sacramento RV park. You will see it on the left as you approach Redding. Yes, it is a long ways down the Frontage Road. It has a boat ramp and is utilized as a take out from Posse or Bonnyview. Posse Grounds, Bonnyview, Sac RV, Anderson (etc. in that order)....

There's another rV park next to the "RV" Park mentioned earlier, it is called JGW. Don't know if they offer tent camping...seems like they have nice facilities and it used to be a take-out for drift boats.