Thread: Where would I have a good chance at catching some fish?

Default Where would I have a good chance at catching some fish?

My wife is actually letting me go out fishing tomorrow and Monday. I want to give myself a good chance at catching a few fish. I don't really care if they are Trout or Steelhead. I live in Lodi and don't mind driving a bit to give myself a decent chance at some action. Here are my thoughts. I could fish the Mokelumne river around the day park but someone posted signs that say no wading. Is that a suggestion or a rule? I would hate to get yelled at by someone for wading out when I am not supposed to. Im alsways carefull not to fish around the reds. I could fish the AR at Sunrise, Watt, Nimbus but I know it will be packed and again I want to make sure I am not fishing around the spawning grounds. I also could try Putah but I have been there a few times now with no luck at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy fishing and I have not had great luck the past few times I have been out and I just want to give myself a decent shot at actually getting something tomorrow?

Good luck Digger. Just wait, in a month and a half or so the biggest problem we'll have is trying to decide what species to go after. If you've got a tube, Amador, Camanche, and Rancho Seco all have planters. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I actually was thinking about taking my pontoon to Rancho Seco on Monday. I can hardly wait till April, the sprin runs will be (should be) here. It will be my first year fishing for stripers in the American on the fly. Tried a few times with Clowsers in the Deta this winter bur not much luck. Tomorrow I may just hita few spots on the AR. I will just fish away from everyone else and see what happens.

Places I would go if I was off work?

Lower Yuba River

Small coastal SH rivers

Rancho Seco

Lake Amador

SF Eel River

Chili

Argentina

New Zealand

Amazon
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Fishing in Chili, Argentina, Amazon and New Zeland are all great ideas and I think I might have a decent chance at catching some fish in these waters but unfortunaltely my wife would want to come with and I don't think I would get to fish much. . I am thinking that I may take the pontoon out to Rancho Seco tormorrow morning and see what happens.

I'll hit up Seco with you tomorrow in my toon, let me know what time you are thinking.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

What time? I am wondering if I go to Rancho or Folsom with the new boat. Just can't make up my mind this evening. Maybe I will see you at Rancho???

I will be at Seco around 9 or so and will head to the back of the lake. Parked down the dirt road.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>