Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off to ISE Sac ....

Any chance you'll make it this weekend , Mike ??
    I'm trying to figure in a way but it's not looking promising.

I'm not surprised about the popularity of your new tube fly -- one glance at it and you know fish will be fighting amongst themselves to eat it first. You are on to something with that one -- I think it's time you gave it a name.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker
    I think it's time you gave it a name.
    How about FLUBE ?

Sounds better than David's rubbery tube , eh ?

I'm open to any and all ideas .

David

P.S. - hope you can pull the bunny outta the hat and make it up .

Hey David,

It was great seeing you at the show. I was there only as a spector and not a
    presenter. I enjoyed walking around and visiting with friends, talking to people who would stop me and ask questions about Baja. We walked through the building where the conventional gear was and it was packed. A good crowd for a thursday. I thought about making the trip back on Saturday but I'm in a Texas Hold'm tournament on Saturday. Need to make some money for my new Tv

Knock'm dead on Saturday

Jay

Default ISE Sacto...

Went to da show.... Saw David tying his famous woolhead sunfish and crawdad patterns while trying to talk at the same time. As usual, David's flies were impeccable (cool).

Also, spoke to Bill Carnazzo and watched him tie a beautiful emerger pattern. Found a couple of gems that Bill let slip about pattern usage.... Then watched Ron Hayashi tie a Chartreuse, Flashtail Whistler on a jig hook.... Beautiful fly and a very good tier....

Got to talk to some old friends and was pleased to find Joe kimsey at the show. Gave me a chance to buy some more of the classic Ted Fay type flies and one new one that Joe said has been very good.... Jack Dennis doesn't appear to've aged at all.

Found a very good cup of coffee there.... Not always the case at any show.

All in all, this show is pretty much the same as last years show. OK for general purposes. Seems like it would expand since there're so many outdoors types here.... Lookin' forward to the show in Pleasanton.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian,

I don't know where you found a good cup of coffee. I had to make the drive to Starbucks.

Jay

Default Coffee...

Jay,.... There's a small stand just outside of the doors on the southeast corner of the building. They serve smoothies, etc., and incidently serve Kona coffee. Pretty good stuff. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the young ladies behind the counter are not hard on the eyes....

Sorry I missed your visit, yesterday....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Cross-eyed tired from a solid 8 hours of tying/bullshitting -

Great crowd , great questions ..... I'll post some photos and tell you all about it after a few Beers and a little sleep

David

Saturday was cool ..... and slower in the evening than I thought it would be . I'll post all photos and a review after I get back tonight .

Even if you don't plan on buying a new boat/rod/trip/whatever , it is well spent $$$ to come down and see the Tyers first hand - EVER Tyer there was fantastic !! I almost cannot believe how good these people tye !

It has been one of the most enlightening and fun things I've ever done -

David

Marilyn and I went to the show and it was very good.

Saw lots of old friends, looked at some nice RVs and boats too.

Found the tiers around 7:00pm. they were all doing a great job promoting that part of the sport.

I think David has found his calling. Either a professional demostation fly tier or a talk show host? I think they need to get Ed Wahl right next to David next year. Maybe Darian too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene
    I think David has found his calling. Either a professional demostation fly tier or a talk show host?
    Do you have any openings at the shop for these positions ???????????????

(Not kidding Boss .)

David