Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minor, Elk, Sutter Slough excursion

Default Minor, Elk, Sutter Slough excursion

Hey Mike, Scott V. and Ed a.k.a. Jack Sparrow;
    Just a follow-up to Mike's request of checking out these sloughs and places to launch the Black Pearl. I was thinking of doing a little scouting of the area and checking out some possible launch points for us and maybe show you guys a few other spots I know of. Since the weather is been rotten and I don't want to get too fired up too early, I was thinking of sometime Mid/late Feb. I could grab the wife's mini-van. What do you guys think? Scott V. did you have any 7'11'' presents under the tree?
    Have a good time, all the time.

Not under the tree, but in my hands as of last Friday. Now I am trying to decide on which reel to get. I am thinking of getting the new Redington Red.Fly 2 in copper. I plan on getting an Abel Super 7 with peacock bass finish on it, but that will not be for along time. I have to save for a good 6 months to afford one of those.

As for checking out places to go fish, just let me know when and where, I am good to go. I plan on getting out this Saturday just not sure where to go and what to fish for. The weather is suppose to be good.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hey Scott,
    Excellent! I will have one in my hot little hands by Feb. before the topwater gets really good. Did you get the Largemouth or Smallmouth? We'll set up a Delta excursion in Feb.

Largemouth, and it is sweet. I can not wait ti start throwing it in the park, then it will be off to the delta with pin point accuracy.

Scott, congratulations on the new rod!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default scouting

Rodney,

A February scouting trip sounds good. If there's any chance of encountering mud or getting off the beaten track, we can take my big SUV.

I just got the good news that Gregor has finished rebuilding the transom on my boat. The bad news is that it's in Fresno and I can't pick it up on a weekend. I might have to get my dad to drive up from San Diego to pick it up later this month.

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Mike, sounds great. We should be able to stay on paved roads...unless some farmer that remembers me from my youth and chases us off the main roads. Besides our van has "boldly gone where no man has gone before" so it should be fine. Since you are in the pocket area we could probably meet up in Freeport. We will have to set up a time and date.

Oh man! I just tried one of those 7'11" rods at Kiene's the other day, and I'm almost in love ... I can't WAIT for top-water LMB season....

This sounds like a fun trip, are girls allowed

Scott, maybe we'll see you out on Saturday. Paul's trying out a new prop on the boat, but if the weather is good, I'm sure we'll be out.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

No delta for me Robin til Spring time. I can not cover enough water on my pontoon during this slow time of the year. But I will be at Disneyland on Monday. I thouht you might like to know that.

Oh I'm so jealous! I wanna see pics!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."