Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DELETED

DELETED Guest

Default RUSSIAN RIVER ESTUARY COULD BE CLOSED TO ALL FISHING FOREVER

DELETED

Seems like something major has managed to slip in under the radar. I don't really know much about fishing on the coast( I've got a guy working on that for me) so I have no real idea the affect it has on anglers. Maybe Anne, Carl, or Mr. Noodle Rod( ) will weigh in. Tell Mrs. Uncool hi for me. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

This isn't new, this has been going on for the last three years. All of our fishing and hunting rights are coming to a close. The law that the governor signed for the protection of the condors and MPA are all of the work of the scientist that are bought by the Hewlitt family at Montery Aquarmian (spelling). All of this is funded by this family, PETA, The United States S.P.C.A., ACLU and all the liberal California political people. Not only you should contact fishing organizations, but also hunting too. These people are using every trick in the book. Even closing areas off from gear fisherman, this is a way to close that water shed off from everyone. This is no B.S., the activist of this state are shutting down all outdoor activities that envolve any one that comes to touching their wild animals. They don't care about you and they don't know a thing about conservation. All they know is that we are all killers of their animal.

I don't think this is going to work out for the people who want to shut down fishing and hunting in the USA.

Dick Chaney and Charlton Heston can be pretty tough to deal with when they get mad.

I've been at the Safari Club functions and I wouldn't want to get those guys stirred up either.

If those people who want to shut off fishing and hunting showed up in the mid-west they would be toast. Have they seen the opening day of Pheasant season in South Dakota?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

You are right for right now that the people of the USA will not put up with this, but it is happening in New England states now. These activists have real big money with them. If the state of California is able to shut down hunting and fishing then many other states will follow. There is alot of political clout here and other states watch and are moved by what happens in this state.

Default This is no joke!!!

Beach's that where hot for Striper's this past season are now CLOSED. I believe that Wadel and Scott Creek beaches around the Santa Cruz area are now shut down. Victor

Steelie I think your off on your own tangent here. These are egghead scientists who probably never even consider the what the unwashed masses might want. I really don't think it's a Peta, SPCA, or even an ACLU or Evil Liberal issue. I think Mr. Uncool has pretty much spelled out what it would take to make our side heard, are you willing to do it? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default MPA's....

Hmmmm,..... Steelie is correct. This is nothing new having been mentioned a number of times on Blanton's BB. It has serious impact on recreational and commercial fisheries but, IMHO, is not a conspiracy. After reading the info on the link, the original post appears to be a bit overly emotional and jumps to a bunch of conclusions about what will happen. The document displayed is produced by DFG and the study groups appear to be advised by DFG staff.

We can tell by the areas proposed for designation that the current use could be changed to include or exclude fishing. Some fisheries are clarified. However, that's about all I could see in this highly summarized document.... Some of the info is not readily understood. For example, it's not clear whether all of Drakes Estero will be closed. Further, the proposed change for the Russian River is a "box" around the mouth of the river. How big How far up river does it extend Is it a rectangle or square box Maybe the impacts are less than we imagine.

It is time to get all of the "stakeholder" organizations in gear but we should try to find out more about what the proposals actually are and what they mean for us. It's gonna be a lot more effective if we know what we're talking about and leave the unnecessary accusations and emotions out.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian, you are right to a point. I like to gear fish as much as fly fish. Read Western Outdoors News, they have the ocean closures. DFG is also being advised by outside biologist. You have to realize that they don't have the funds to do the studies them selfs. The state skims money the DFG license, stamps and tags fees that we pay.

Sorry about the "cut & paste" of the post I sent to our club conservation committee, but it seemed easier and Cindy's stuff is what seems applicable anyway. Maybe it is time for ALL local clubs to dip into "their" poop a bit.
    ....lee s.