Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DELETED

DELETED Guest

Default http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings.asp#public

DELETED

Darin do you thing the Packard and Moore Foundations support the other foundations? They have the money. What Mr. Cool is getting at is that alot of these new Regs and laws have clauses written in that it can not be changed. In one of the other forum a person replied that it was not worth the time to fish the estuary at Russian River because of sea lions and harbour seals. The marine protection act has been in affect for something like 25 plus years. The mountain lion protection act had been in affect for some thing like 20 years. There is no balance in water resourses and marine mamals. Millions of dollars have been paid out from the state to victims of mountain lion attacks. The point is that there are people who think they know how to manage our wildlife, but really don't. The balance of nature is out of balance. There are many tools to use to keep things in balance. This state has one of the highest human population, yet employs the smallest fish and game personal in the nation.

Default MLPA's Redux....

Steelie,.... I'm fairly certain I understand what you and Mr. Uncool are advocating.... However, the real issue here is whether marine fisheries are really in as bad shape as has been identified and reported. If you believe that there is a very high probability that it is true, the choice is whether to continue to fish/use until the resource is damaged beyond recovery or close those areas for recovery (regardless of how long that takes).

By adding the informational posts about these proposals, I was trying to provide enough information to enable any person to make their own choice. You and Mr. Uncool have, apparently made your choice.... I respect that choice and am not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Peace
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown