Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rancho Seco

Great job Ed and Scott!! Those are some great looking eyes on that bird. I plan to go out to the lake this next weekend and hope to see the Black Pearl cruzin around. Bill

Ed, Scott, good for you guys! Must have felt really good watching that bird swim away. =D>
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Outstanding job guys. =D>

what type of flies were you using,what size, what type of line floating or sinking

Weren't you paying attention, a 3 inch rapala. . Sorry Gup, couldn't resist. The ticket out there seems to be an intermediate sink line, whatever you use for trout, and black, brown, or olive wooley buggers. That's the standard that pretty much everyone uses. There's no reason a floater wouldn't work too, the fish are pretty shallow. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Size 18 beaded wooley booger.
    RFT

I was using anything from a 10 to a 6. Hey flytier, what kind of hackle do you use for an 18 bugger? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

LOL, I guess that might be hard to find...smallest I've been using is a 14, but not at Rancho Seco. Thought I'd throw the Guppy a little curve...kinda like you're 3" Rapala...couldn't help myself.
    RFT