Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Amador Report

Just the planters. I have'nt heard anything about the bass. Lots of guys in tubes out there though. Nowhere near as cold as Sly Park by any means. If you've ever tubed around ice, this aint it. One of these days I'm just gonna have it buy myself a thermometer. Interesting thing today was the bees. All over the waters surface, bees everywhere. If these were real trout they would have been feasting. From my observation, it seemed that whenever the sun was obscured behind the clouds, the bees got cold and just could'nt move their wings fast enough to stay airborn. In the cold gloom it would start raining bees, in the water, on me, in the boat, when the sun returned it stopped. I felt kinda bad for them. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBill
    Is Seco really that cold this time of year?
    Ed , Hairstacker , and I fished Seco last Winter - Darian came out but didn't fish .

Ed and I were in tubes .... and I was as cold as I've EVER been . Didn't get bit , if I recall ...... Legs were numb 20 minutes into the trip .

David

Yeah the water is cold, but if you wear enough warm gear you could possibly keep warm. My feet get real cold from sitting on my pontoon, but with some good wool socks they are ok. Just dress warm and come on out.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default Cold is a relative matter!

It will be real cold with a cup of hot coffee in the cup holder and my dry warm foot on the trolling motor pedal! Or maybe not... I save my cold days for my forays to pyramid which may happen this week.

My motto is... "no shrinkage unless absolutely necessary!!"

I was at Seco with the tubing crowd on New Year's eve and I do carry a thermometer. Water was 45 degrees and the toes were very cold. (The air only got up around 48 that day, so there was little warmth to be had.)

Worse, I got skunked...

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.