Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: May 2008 LMB Outing @ Lundborg Landing!

Nice batch of pics Phil. Captured the feel of the day pretty nicely. Sized just right for the board. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Great pics Phil! LOVE the sunrise....

Yeah, should have said in my earlier post, we sure missed you at lunch David and Candida. Hope all is well...
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

??????? Very strange, when I first posted the pics they were gigantic. I went back later into Photobucket and resized again, it must resize any links as well. Also, my camera dates things like the military and most the rest of the world, d/m/yr.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Finsallaround
    ...... we sure missed you at lunch David and Candida. Hope all is well...
    Sorry 'bout that , Robin !

I hit it at 5:40 AM , after not enough sleep . I was finished around 7:30 , never rose a single fish (unheard of , in all the times I've done Piper Slough - I ALWAYS catch something there in the pre-dawn ...) .

We had breakfast , and were cross-eyed tired , so we beat feet home to soft beds

Had a great time seeing Sturmer and Jerry , got to visit w/ long-time friend Lee S. and his lovely G.F. Susan (what a great gal !!) , spent not nearly enough time BSing w/ Richard (thanks for the anchor loan !!) , and tore it up w/ Scott and Phil 'till the wee hours - thanks for the chatters and hospitality fellas !! Nice camping next to/meeting David out there , really nice fellow !!

I must add that it was fun seeing the FLEET going out as I came in ..... you boys need to get up earlier :P

David

Just to let everyone know, the water has FINALLY warmed enough to produce some top water action, both morning and night. Not red hot yet but very acceptable. I've found the water the warmest, along with the most action, on the east side of the delta. Sturmer and his buddy Larry Lee did well on Friday. See the post under Kelsey Bass Ranch.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed meeting David Lee, his wife, Scott , Jerry ,Richard and those who were there Friday evening. I had to leave Saturday morning ( got blown off the water with those winds) but first I did pick up my first LMB on a top water bug, A special thank you to David Lee for the bug. A lot of great folks were there.
    David

Sorry about the lateness of the post but we are REALLY tied up with the hay season right now. We have been snooping and enjoying all the post but not returning any. Here is our pic of one of our top-water fish from Sat at the outing. Which, by the way, was GRANDLY enjoyed by Susan and I.
    Thanks Bill!!!
    .....lee s.

Thanks Lee

It was our best outting ever, even if the fishing was a little off.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey Lee, I caught my one and only back behind the docks also, a little warmer and calmer back there.

Now get back to work, driver. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.