Thread: Anyone hooking up on the American?

Default Anyone hooking up on the American?

I spent all PM today out at Watt. I noticed that there were a fair number of others downstream and so I am curious whether anyone had luck. I was merely a witness to fish passing through. No more. So, if you've had some luck lately, how's about a good tale of encouragement for those of us who haven't?
    The essence of b.s. is not that it is false but that it is phony... -Harry G. Frankfurt

Default The A

Nothing at all happening on the A. I've driven up to and spoken to dozens of folks fishing over the past week and nobody reported hooking any. This includes gear guys as well. Perhaps this weeks storm will activate some fish to move up. The basin produced a few salmon for the 20 or so fishing it daily since Christmas. I saw a couple of silver ones jump along with some really dark ones.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

Good news all. I spent this afternoon out upriver and got two hatchery females. Talk about dynamite way to start off the new year. Anyway, one was 9 pounds and the other 8.5 pounds. And, I was practically by myself. I couldn't believe it. It really is great fishing during the middle of the week. I'll have to take more days off to do that this year. Sadly, no photos. If only my camera wasn't broken....
    The essence of b.s. is not that it is false but that it is phony... -Harry G. Frankfurt