Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lower Sac. report

I really enjoy the reports and they do seem more like fishing reports than spam.
    my .02
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Bill doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so I don't think you should either. All River is providing up to date reports, and I personally say thank you to them for it and please do not stop posting.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Set! Set! Set! Yeah, there he is!!

Default Spam?????

Hmmmm,.... Let's take a real look at this spam issue from both sides. First, Allriverfishing began this thread on 12/21/07 and has posted a total of 24 messages/responses. All reports of guided fishing. On 1/7/08, Allriverfishing identifies himself as a guide and provides the business names: Executive Guide Service and his website: allriverfishing.com. Please correct me if I'm, wrong, but allriverfishing hasn't posted once by personal name. I can appreciate the information provided in the reports, but.... Since allriverfishing began posting, this thread has hardly been less than second in line in this Forum, each day. In spite of statements about establishing relationships, it kinda sounds like free advertising (on an ongoing basis) to me.

On the other hand, allriverfishing is out there each day and reports what he sees and that's appreciated by some who have expressed that. Not a lot of balance available here. It's certainly not beyond reality to consider this thread "spam".

IMHO, protests about this by other guides is not misdirected as some (who will remain unnamed....) have been warned off of this BB in the past. For those guides, this could be seen as representing an unfair advantage since they have pay for advertising. Maybe allriverfishing should consider becoming a sponsor of this BB....

Since Bill K., rarely steps in to set up any rules on the BB, I'm not sure it's appropriate to assume that he approves. He may have chosen not to comment, yet.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey, If you guys want me to stop posting reports that's fine. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of reports from fishing just for fun (what's that?). If you feel like you are being sold something just know that's not the intention. I would have "asked for the money" a long time ago. If anyone else would've liked to chime in with a photo or report that's what I was personally hoping for and had expected. Whenever someone emailed me for more specific info I gladly gave it and expected nothing in return. I was kinda holding my breath waiting for this issue to surface from the get-go but got nothing but positive feedback... so it continued. If I never made another post here about the Sac. it would really be no skin off my nose. My phone would certainly not stop ringing because of it. I hoped the fact that I do guide would have been a moot point. Info is info...and I'm out A LOT. If I stepped on some toes or stepped out of bounds, I truly do apologize. If this needs to be discontinued I'm sure we'll be notified.
    Set! Set! Set! Yeah, there he is!!

Default Spam?????

Well, you sound like an OK guy and I like the photo's but don't fish where you do, don't read much of the reports and am not likely to be a customer. I don't really have an axe to grind here and don't really think about whether you should continue to post or not.

But, whether you admit it or not, you are in direct competition with others (who are part of this BB community) for business and are benefitting from this activity, possibly, at their expense; I'm curious about the flip side of one of your statements; if you expected something in return for posting, what would you get

Now, lest you think I'm getting down on you, I'm only pointing out that you should admit that you're a business man and are benefiting from the free advertising and I wish you well. But, whether you continue to post is completely your choice. Please don't try to make it sound like something it isn't. I'm reminded of an old saying that applies here: ....if something looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like duck, it must be a duck.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Jay, keep posting. And thanks.
    Get to whats reel

Thanks for the reports. If people don't like them they can go make their own. Lets see if the ncffb has a field day with this one too.

I agree with Aaron, and since he's a moderator and could kill this if he thought it was useless spam, he could just lock the thread. Please keep the reports coming. For those that choose not to view them because they think they're spam, there is a real simple solution: don't read his posts!

I don't know Allriverfishing personally but I certainly enjoy his post. In fact I have asked for his reports/riverconditions before heading up to the lower Sac and spending all that money on gas and have found him very helpful. I didn't think this was an issue as I have seen other guides post on this board also.

Keep posting allriverfishing. I'll be heading up to the Lower Sac april 4th and I hope to get an up to date report from ya then, thanks.