Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lower Sac. report

Hey lynnwhite44, nice pics. It's one heck of a grab on the 'ol rubberlegs isn't it?! It's like the fish want to break them in half before they gag 'em down.
    Set! Set! Set! Yeah, there he is!!

Yeah, no kidding, they hit em hard. I tie mine with alot of lead and a bead head and I leave the legs pretty long. With that big fly and a dropper(or two) and I'm set, no need for any split shot.

If you guys can sneak up here in the near future I'd reccommend it...trout fishing has been absolutely 'lights out' the last few days. Still seeing some steelhead as well.

I had yet another good round of fishing below Anderson the last few days. There was quite a variety of bugs out and about. Just about everything we tried got bit at some point. Cottonwood creek has dropped some more and cleared a lot. I'm guessing with all of the gravel that was blown out it's not ideal for the local trout...it seems they moved out of the immediate area for the most part. Between the tons of silt and the bugs washing away with the existing gravel (assuming) why would they stick around? Above the creek was great, and below a fair distance was solid as well, just not in the immediate area.

I really enjoy reading your reports. What I apreciate most about them is I dont feel like you are trying to sell trips. I can tell you this aproach works on me. Thanks for the great reports and keep them comming.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that. I'm really most interested in building relationships and hopefully along the way a good reputation. There's lots of water here to share, I'd like to see people get excited about this fishery and experience it for themselves with or without a guide. Good word going around about the river is good for business for all the guys up here. When I think about it the most deadly tool I have at my disposal is a network of other fishermen that are out hitting the water. Sharing info back and forth with others has made me far more successful. That's the idea behind this message board afterall isn't it?

We had some great caddis hatches the last several days! The trout absolutely went nuts. I could only estimate how many got hooked or came to the net. It seemed like all the big bruisers came out of hiding and put on the feedbag along with the cookie-cutters. Unbelievably we're STILL landing fin-clipped steelhead! The last 2 days 24"+ steelies came to the boat. Bright fresh ones...not spawners. They were getting in on the caddis action as well. The guys walking in and wading have done well along with the boaters. The best bug activity to my knowledge has been above Balls Ferry and up to Redding. Down lower is slimmer pickin's but it is completely lonely water devoid of boat traffic.

That is a beautiful picture. I only wish I could join you for some of that action.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Sorry to interject here but when is this post going to be considered spam ? You have the same few people posting again and again. I understand your intentions but why not pay for some advertising like the rest of us do.
    Bill Downs
    Fly Fishing Guide
    20322 Grogan St
    Burney Ca 96013