Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disappering Striped bass...No wonder...

Mike , nothing I said was directed at you. I made the mistake of not including your name in the part where I mentioned Ed Wahls name. Sorry. I thought you would know that.

Any efforts made to litigate this illegal action are fantastic , but its no so good for those dead Stripers. Thats my focus.

E-mails , letters ? As a matter of fact , yes. Followed up on several ocassions with phone calls. Go to the "politicians" web sites and call call call until you get through. Its amazing some of the folks Ive had "two minutes" with.....

Default Central Spokesperson?

Mike, others:

Do you know if there has been any attempt to 'elect' or 'hire' someone to be the central spokesperson for any issues pertaining the the delta and it's fisheries? How about a PR person that can send out the "for immediate release" bulletin to the newswires, etc. I personally know of someone that is a consultant PR person that does such things after doing thorough research before releasing the bulletin.

The incident on Prospect Island is not the first and unfortunately, won't the be the last.

It seems whenever something like this arises and the media swarms in, there's nobody there to interview and provide factual information instead of the personal opinion of those that happen to be present when the media arrives.

I know you've been on TV, news, etc. during certain incidents in the past, but you're doing it on your own free will and time. "We" cannot expect or assume you'll be there each and every time, it's not fair, especially when you're supposed to be resting.

I appreciate your insight in letting us know that there is action in the works today and that we need to be patient and understanding. However, I would like to see some of the 'funding' through donations be used for some 'shots fired' when the issue is on the forefront too.

I don't know. Maybe what I am suggesting makes "us" look like the same kind of folks that go and sit up in trees situated around the Cal football stadium. But, see, I knew about those tree sitters!

Regards.