Thread: Mather Lake

Default Mather Lake

Well, it wasn't wild trout I caught this morning, but fun none the less. Mather was stocked by DFG this week and I had only a couple of hours to play, so I went there. Surprisingly, only a half dozen or so bankies were there. I floated the entire lake by myself. I had several grabs, but only landed three rainbows to 16". I fished for about an hour and a half. The lake is in great shape, once you get away from the shore weedline, which extends out about 10-15'.
    It's a Chromer!

Thanks Rooster

They plant some of the local warm water ponds with trout in the winter like Rancho Seco but I didn't know about Mather Pond.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Fish Migation

Mather Llake was just planted the week of the 13th. Should be a good time close to the home. This 55 acre man made lake fishes well from a float tube. Fish the corner at the far end of the dam, farthest from the parking lot. They tend to school up there for some reason.

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

Thanks Steve, being really pinched for some fishing time this weekend I might try Mather. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.