Thread: Delta 11-14

Default Delta 11-14

I fished the North West Delta from about 2 pm to 3:30 pm yesterday. Chart/White clouser, 8 wt rod, T-14 integrated line.

I was fishing in 7 - 10 ft of water and there was a very slight incoming tide.

Managed about 6 good takes, three to hand, two that were 18 - 20" and one that was 6# on the boga.

Only had the camera in my phone, but a poor quality pic is better than no pic.

Good luck to all.....seems like they are definitely "in".

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Good job, I am hoping to find some on Saturday. 6 takes in 1.5 hours, I would be happy with that.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Yes, it was very consistent. I was fishing in a slough way north and a little west of Rio Vista. I was casting to the bank which alternated between Cat Tails and downed tree and other structure. I had two good takes that I was absolutely not ready. the fish took the clouser on the initial sink before any strips at all. Both times I didn't had good contact with the fly and just watched the running kind of "take off" on it's own. Missed both those fish. Learned my lesson though. I kept good contact with the fly during the initial sink and was ready for the next one.

I used very quick strips and all the takes came on that initial sink or the pauses between strips.

The fish were usually in the transition area between the structure and cat tails.

There was someone trolling right up the middle of the slough that hooked one while I was there. I guess they are everywhere, but I feel more confident casting up against the structure, etc.

Good luck this weekend.

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Thanks Katz...

Looks like those cameras on cell phone work good if you keep the photo small like you did.

...............good job.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Funny how that fish turns from a striper to a checkerboard about 1/2 way through its body

Katz

Kraig, great report! Actually, I think that's a pretty good picture. You're right, that's an interesting-looking striper. I'll bet he was a lot of fun on your 8 wt.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

That's not a Striper, that's a Crappie/Striper hybrid, a Crapper.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

-- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.