Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polarized sunglass survey for my fly shop.

Mrs. Fin... Oakley can outfit you in prescription lenses, and I believe Action can as well. It's a bit on the spendy side, but well worth it from what I hear. Word is insurance will pick up a healthy portion of the tab...

Jay: A comment and a question: I bought a pair of reasonably high-end glasses that wouldn't "stay up". I found a sheet of 8 or 10 stick-on nose pads at a big box retailer for about a dollar. Once on and dry, they last quite awhile, even through the sweat and dunkings. The question: aside from looking way-cool, does the flash/mirror finish improve vision?

Default Mirrored Lenses....

Hmmmm,.... I've wondered the same thing myself (about the effectiveness of mirrored lenses). Hope someone can/will answer this. I've worn them during racquetball sessions to keep opponents from seeing where I'm lookin' to shoot. Doesn't seem to affect my vision, tho.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

The mirror lenses are absolutley necessary when your threatening a con. "What we have heah, is a failya to communicate". I believe they can also cook your nose to a bright rosy hue. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

For my money, the discussion begins and ends with Oakley.

I've found that the mirror lenses reflect off more light reflection from the water surface which for me let's me see in the water or on the surface. I don't know how true my statement is but I've taken my standard lenses and viewed the water surface and it seems more light comes through the glass.
    The blue mirror or green mirror gives a different perspective on the waters surface.

I'm now trying out a couple pairs of Habervision glasses. I'll let you know the findings and results.

Jay

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. Robert Frost

Default For the money...

Guideline, the new series from Rudy Deluca's Fisherman's Eyewear.

I need a bifocal prescription now and the service from the Guideline folks was great and they credited my local shop for a pair of the same glasses (the Rogue model) so that shop didn't loose a sale because of the prescription order. The model fits my XL face, the Rx is perfect and I have no complaints.

This after over 20 years of Action Optics (back when you could deal direct with Doc Nasser himself) which now, don't seem to fit my face width or temple length.

Paul

I bought a pair of Cabelas Extreme hunter III glasses, in the Amber lens. IMO I think amber lenses brighten up certain colors especially green, but this makes up for any dimming effects that some sun glasses may cause, especially as the sun starts to go down. They are lightweight, durable, and stylish to boot. Also, similar to some of the other posters, I get headaches from sunglasses that distort images, and these glasses are extremely comfortable all day. Plus you can get them in camo patterns as well and make them your fishing/hunting glasses.

Name of the thread:

"Polarized sunglass survey for my fly shop."
    Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. Robert Frost