Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polarized sunglass survey for my fly shop.

Bill, I have two pairs of Action Optics. One pair has magnifiers in them. I like that feature when tying on small flies as my eyesight is not what it used to be.

I have just purchased a pair of shooting glasses that have bright yellow lenses. I do not like to cast without some form of eye protection on and in low light periods I get tired of putting on my glasses to cast and then having to take them off to see the line. Will be interested to see how they work.
    Fishing is always good, the catching may not be.

I use Action Optics and am currently wearing the Passage frame with glass prescription lenses. I am also using a pair of Action Optics with poly lenses that are prescription for my mountain biking activity.

I have been very pleased with my Action Optics as they have done three pairs of prescription lenses and they have always gotten them to me in a timely manner.

I prefer glass lenses as they don't scratch as easy, clean easier and seem to be crisper. I am using copper right now for general stream fishing, but prefer grey for bright days on salt water.

I have also used Maui Jims before I went prescription and their product was great.

I had a pair of Ray Ban's that were great some years ago. Glass lenses. I have a pair of Revo's now and they seem to kind of suck.....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Kaenon. I love them

I've gone through a pair of polarized Ray-Bans every 12-15 months for several years.

Was just about to buy another pair when I got a pair of Maui Jim's at a golf tournament. Better optically, more comfortable, but not quite as dark as I prefer.

Over all, very nice.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Definitley second the votes for Kaenon and Oakley. Top quality products.

Another opinion -

I seem to go though sunglasses like I do socks. I long ago realized that I cannot keep sunglasses intact and for any long period of time.

I would love to see a line of polarized glasses that are not so expensive I worry about them, but cheap enough to buy on the way out to the river when I have just sat on my last pair getting into the car.

Thanks everyone.

I took a survey by calling other fly shops and checking fly fishing online stores for sunglasses.

The most popular low end glasses that most all the fly shops carry is "Fisherman Eyewear/Cable Car Sunglasses".

We sell tons of them..........

The most popular high end brand in fly shop is "Smith/Action Optics".

The two that are newer to this industry are Oakley and Kaenon.

We have Fisherman and Action Optics fopr years.

We will be adding Oakley soon.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I've been using Costa Del Mar. Green Mirror and Blue Mirror. They are great for the Baja waters. I also have a pair of Maui Jim's but with the oriental nose, they are always on the tip on my nose. I guess plastic surgery would solve the problem.

Jay

Paul just bought me a pair of those Cocoons a few weeks ago, and I LOVE them . Better than those cheapy clip-ons! Those of us wearing eyeglasses are a little limited in what we have to choose from...
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."