Thread: Point Reyes Report 11-9-07

Default Point Reyes Report 11-9-07

Went out to Drake's Beach to fish the last two hours of the outgoing. My main reason for going was to see if the big perch were back to start their winter spawn. The answer is a resounding NO. I fished it hard without a single strike. The beach is still featureless from the summer and so it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Every wave looked like the next.

Although it was absolutely beautiful, the whole setting was ominous. I knew the oil spill was just down the beach and heading north. The water was full of birds. Refugees from the spill. .......Anne

"So it goes"

What a beautiful place...thanks Anne
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

That oil spill is pretty upsetting.

I'll be honest though I am much less worried about the sea gulls as I am the sea lions and seals

Beautiful pictures Anne! For me, fish are always a bonus in a setting like that, where you get to stand in the surf, feel the rhythmic tugging of the waves around your legs, and face the beauty and vastness of the sky and open ocean with nothing else in front of you. Feels like a vaction just being there. All you surf folks know what I'm talking about. I'm sure you'll get 'em next time.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Anne, I am dreadfully sorry to hear of the oil spill. Looks and sounds like a mess. Hopefully mother nature will do her thing and clean it up quick.

I love the pictures. That is such a pristine part of the world!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Default clean surf at Pt. Reyes...

Thanks for the report Anne. I really enjoyed the photos - seems like I'm actually there! Jeez, I was really bummed to find out about the oily mess after being away from the Bay Area for a little over a week. I fished a few hours yesterday at Kehoe - fortunately, I didn't find any tar balls in the surf or on the beach that far north, though the salad was quite thick. Stinson was still closed as I drove up Hwy 1. I don't know if Drake's & Limantour Beaches have opened yet.

- Mark
    Did you wet your noodle today?