Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Planning a trinity trip questions

It says you're from Anderson man......not exactly what I consider "yuppy"

I'm in Chico so I'm considered more yuppy than that...

My bad if you like Orvis a lot or something its just that I've been to a few Orvis stores in certain places, including one in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Enough said...

OK, this is going to be a long shot, but how about if we start a smear campaign against steelhead fishing? In fact I'm sure we could encourage the editor of the leading golf magazine to assist us with add space. Just start compiling testimonials regarding the darkside of steelhead fishing. Anything we can do to discourage interest in the sport and redirect the masses to something else like maybe golf or I know how about Halo 3. Like ummmm mountain rivers are cold.......ummm we don't always catch fish........sometimes it rains...ummm and if you did happen to get into some good chromers don't say that, instead say you saw one but it was dead and floating downriver. By the power of propaganda we may be able to live the dream once again.

Hey Guys,

I'm just a "poor working slob", but I had the presence of mind to head up to the Trinity to enjoy a day with a couple friends...trust me there are plenty of fish and more opportunities than you can imagine if you can get out there and "claim" your water at a "fisherman's hour", I'm talking about when the sun is just thinking about waking up...

The three of us hooked 13 and landed 8...I can't think of better opportunities than that! Biggest, just shy of 30", many others- "cookie cutter" specimens- 23-24"

Is it in you?

Don

Congrats

I think if I could actually hook one I would still be going up there also.

Thank you everybody for all the "insight" and advice, I'll take what I feel is helpful and leave the rest. I think I am still going to head up this Thur. for a few days. I have no idea where I am going to start but am planning on doing a ton of driving, hiking and scouting. I will be sure to post a report on my "experience" Smokeeater, I was actully thinking about going up on the first day and running around the woods in a bigfoot outfit to try and scare away some guys from some of the better holes, but figured I would just end up getting shot. Thanks again, Nick

Wearing a bigfoot costume up there would be hilarious!

Great Idea!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I've thought about getting a bear costume. it would scare off all the yuppies, but i decided i din't want to get shot by one of the many gun-in-truck mountain presons.
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Smart move Dusty!It was a pleasure meeting you and Aron(?)last week.With a little walking we we're able to locate some nice available water and did ok the final 2 days we were there.It is a zoo but what can you do.I guess we could all just stop talking about the Trinity for a while.That is all I have to say about that.
    Jay

Hey All,

I was lucky enough to get introduced to the Trinity in 1993 and I was so enamored with the beauty and potential that I have fished it multiple times every year since.

It is a true story in what a steelhead river can and should be...the fish returns ebb and flow just like good old Mother Nature and that is the draw...if it was all easy all the time, we would soon lose interest.

Adapt, do what is necessary... a true steelheader never loses his enthusiasm...

Kudos to DFG, they recognized the potential and have cultivated a consistent steelhead producing nirvana- count me in for as many years as I can still wade and cast.

All techniques work but as Matt Johnson pointed out, the classic swing is most rewarding...trouble is- you must work to find applicable water.

Long Live the Trinity and the dedicated fishermen who love her!
    (Crowds don't bother me- I have chosen to live in California!)

Don

Jay, It was nice meeting you and greg also. Aaron and i had a good few days as well... I mean it was crap. I just saw lots of dead fish floating around... It was actually really sad.
    Dusty
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010