Thread: Day on the Delta

Default Day on the Delta

Fished the Delta today and the weather was perfect. No fish early (outgoing tide) but around noon the tide changed and the fishing picked up. No large fish but caught a number of fish up to about 1.5 pounds. Sorry topwater fans, I tried my best but nothing on top. The water temp. was between 62 and 65. No stripers and I talked to a couple of bait dunkers who didn't catch any either. I should have had my carp flies because they were jumping all over the place. Great day and next time I'll bring my sunscreen.
    Have a good time, all the time.

Thanks for the report Rodney! Sad to hear about the topwater situation. Guess it's time for me to face up to the reality that the LMB topwater season is over until next year. Ah well, a few decent stripers will go far to ease the anguish. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Don't give up Mike, be a man, throw that hairy bug, I am on Saturday!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hairstacker....never give up, stripers will still hit topwater. The weather is supposed to be great for at least another week so get out there. Just be happy we have about 7 months of topwater fishing!

Don't give up Mike, be a man, throw that hairy bug
    Scott -- I think I'll wait for your report.

Rodney -- I'll definitely be out there. I just don't think I'll be going after topwater LMBs. . . unless Scott nails a bunch on Saturday. As you know, at some point in the season right about now or soon thereafter, the topwater LMB bite just dies. Kaput. When that happens, I shift my focus to either topwater stripers or subsurface LMBs and stripers. I suspect we're right about at that point now or very soon.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hairstacker,
    Just remember to bring some crawfish imitators. I used a Whitlock Crawfish Wednesday and when I was patient, it worked well. In the old days, all we would do is flip jigs off the tules and weedbeds this time of year.