Thread: Sage 711

Default Sage 711

Yesterday was a gorgeous day to be chasing Delta Stripes - flat calm, warm, decent tide and some obliging fish: perfect!

Had the pleasure of bumping into KD. The Professor was conducting one of his graduate seminars in Delta Studies with student Gregg. Kevin asked if I'd like to try the new Sage 7'11" LMB rod. Two minutes later I'm handed the rod and Kevin leaves me to play.
    Now I don't fall in love with rods, I tend to form close attachments over time, based on trust, loyalty, reliability and shared experiences but this little wand pretty much stole my heart from the off. Some 95% of my Buggin' presentations are with a USD cast and this rod was made for it. It really does feel like an extension of your arm and effortlessly threaded cast after cast into holes and caves along the tullie berm. It's uncanny how right this outfit feels in the hand. It comes with a matching WF line as a package and all I can say is if you are serious about Buggin' the Bass then you should check it out - (Bill has them in stock)

Good to see ya Kevin!

Cheers
    Mike
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.

Mike,

I've used that rod a number of times while fishing with KD. It's definitly a sweeeeet rod. I like the small mouth version but yet to try to GUN. The $$$$ are swirling in my head. With the big hair bugs that I'm throwing and the new ones that I'm coming out with, which are BIG, BULKY and heavy this rod will get the job done. But being on Loomis Pro Staff, I'll have to get a G. Loomis sticker to overlay on the SAGE I do use the 8' rod that Loomis has. It definitly has the backbone to cast into a stiff wind.

Gotta love it

Jay