Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top water LMB is over till Spring........

I'm cheating....going to Anglers Inn on El Salto reservoir in Mexico which is northeast of Matzatlan in early December with others from Sacramento.

Actually Leo Gutterres of Stockton, CA is going, who is one of my old fishing buddies and one of the best top water LMB people I know.

This is the best LMB fishing in the world according to many.

It is also peak top water time.

Anglers Inn on El Salto is one of the nicest lodges we have been to and very nice for couples and families too.

http://www.anglersinn.com/

http://www.anglingonthefly.com/travel/anglersinn/

I think Dec/Jan/Feb is top water time. Nice time to 'get out of Dodge'?

5 nights lodging and 4 1/2 days fishing

$2,145/angler (land package - double occupancy room/boat)

If you like top water LMB this might be something to put on your list even if it's not till you retire.

Delta LMB guide Kevin Doran, travel consultant Keith Kaneko, industry Rep John Sherman and Jerry Siems of Sage rod company went down there last year to train the Anglers Inn guides about fly fishing for bass. They now have 6 out of their 30 boats that are rigged for fly casters.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Topwater LMB bite isn't quite over yet. Scott V. and I had 'em busting up on bugs and poppers early this morning at Lundborgs. Only lasted a little while though, but landed a couple. Scott's first attempt at a deer hair bug(the one he posted) was the first to get blown up by a bass, way to go Scott. My wine cork popper still hasn't caught anything, it may have to wait 'til next year now. Caught a few schoolies there in the slough this morning on Clousers, then when David Lee and Jared showed up we moved on to other pastures. I landed one "keeper"size striper on a blue and white clouser, not big but my biggest so far. Strikes were few and far between all afternoon, but we were entertained with big wakes and overly friendly jet skiers . Here's a pic of my fish, I think Carl may have used it to measure out the seat on this pram. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I was thinking about the Delta today with all this warm weather.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........