Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof/Underwater Camera

Default Waterproof/Underwater Camera

I have always been a Nikon CoolPix 5200 fisherman and am hoping for advice on a simple P&S underwater/waterproof camera.

I know there is a thread on this from the past but can't find it

Any advice appreciated.

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

I have the Pentax Optio W30 and love it, it shoots great pics as well as good video. Plus you can zoom while in video mode.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Olympus Stylus 770 SW is supposed to be an awesome camera. I can't afford it but wish that I could. Check it out.

I work in the Camera department in Best Buy, and I sell the Olympus underwater camera, the SW 770 and the new model, and their new SW 790. Both are good cameras. The would be a better all-around model due to their indoor picture taking capabilities. The Pentax, IMHO, is better outdoors but the Olympus is better indoors. That said, I love my Pentax for my fishing and other outdoor related photography and I think that my pictures can speak for the quality of the Pentax.

Here's some samples:

Sorry for going a little crazy with the amount of sample photos but I have taken so many pictures that make me proud of my camera that I had to share some different varieties.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I'll check those out.

Great Pics Adam!

I'm looking for a good, not great ($$$$) camera to use for fish and fishing (camera held over the water) pictures.

I will definitely leave the fancy pics to Rob, Adam and all the others who have all the talent.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katz
    I'm looking for a good, not great ($$$$) camera to use for fish and fishing (camera held over the water) pictureS
    That is what I said til I fell in the water with my last camera, it worked for about a day after going swimming.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Katz, my camera is about one year old, it's the Pentax Optio W10. I have heard that it is about $200 online right now. Just in case $200 is in your price range.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Hey Adam your pictures look better than the ones I take with my Optio WP.

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

I'm about to pull the trigger too. There are some good deals to be had on the Pentax "W" series cameras online. Buy the waterproof type, you won't regret it. My old Canon finally died after 4 dunkings, so I am sold on the waterproof feature.
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Thanks again everyone.

Adam, that is in my price range and I love all the shots you have contributed.

I'll check online for the Pentax.

Kraig