One more photo

Jay

Nice job, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dtp916
    Nice job, Steve
    Thanks John
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott had on a really big LMB but it threw the hook.

I can see why 'hairstacker' does so well in an inflatable kayak.

Maybe the secret to fishing the Delta is to not have a motor?

Kevin Dorin said with the cooling lately the top water LMB has slowed.

It is now time for top water Stripers though.

Great photos Jay but can you photo shop my 'double chins' next time?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Excellent pics.....Nice striper Scott!

I gotta get me a 'toon...they just look so much fun. Yours is the one I have been looking at for a while.

Default On the Striper Piper...

Wow, looks like we all got lost finding this place, us included. I thought I'd be smart and get directions from Yahoo Maps, but they were no good. Found Sugar Barge first. Thanks to Mike C and Bill for helping us to finally get there around 6:45 am!

Mike C went out with us Saturday, and we started off with the top water LMB fishing we were supposed to be doing. Mike was a quick learner, but as everyone else has reported, it was REALLY slow. So, we switched to Paul's Super Minnow (black/white & chart/white) on sinking lines for stripers. What's funny is Mike and I both hooked up the tiniest little LMB at the same time on the striper rods .

We came in for lunch around 12:30 or so, but Paul had to cook his pot luck contribution up, and I had to get our tent/etc. set-up, cause we knew we'd be out fishin' after dark. Soooooo, by the time we got down to Scott's RV, most of the ribs and stuff were already gone, and folks were headed back out to the water ... We did get one rib a piece, tho. Definitely a different kind of rib. Thanks, Mike!

So, in the afternoon, as Mike already reported, we got into a few little stripers, and he caught a 3.25 lb'er out in Frank's Tract. Unfortunately, he'd brought a camera with dead batteries and we'd left ours in the truck back at camp.... But, it was a really nice one, REALLY!

We gave up around 7:20 pm Saturday night.

Sunday morn, we headed out around 7:30 and accompanied by Jordan. Another quick learner, but once again, as previously posted, top water was just not happenin'. So, we switched to striper rods again. Same flies as Saturday. We didn't see any action really until we tried near Quimby Island right around 11 or so.

Paul's 6.5 lb'er - 26":

Jordan's 4.5 lb'er - 22":

I LOST one about the same size , biggest fish I've even gotten to the boat...

Then, we moved into Frank's tract, and Paul and Jordan both caught another 4 or 5 lb'er, and I caught my first keeper stripe!

We probably fished that area for a couple hours, even though Paul wanted to be home around 2 pm.... I lost count of the number of fish we caught. Most I've ever caught in one day (granted most were little guys). I think we finally got home around 9 or 10 pm, by the time we finished fishing (around 4:30), broke down camp, stopped for dinner, and drove all the way back into Sacramento.

Thanks again to Mike and Jordan for joining us, we enjoyed the great company It was really great meeting everyone. Can't wait to do it again!

P.S. Paul's got spots open on the boat for more striper fishin' Sat 10/20, Sat 10/27 and Sun 10/28.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Nice fish, that is what I was hoping to see someone catch. And I might take you up on the 27th.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

GRAND pics all! \/
    Susan and I did truly enjoy the bit of time we spent with you all. Previous committments called us away Sat PM. We did REALLY enjoy seeing Bluegrass Bill and his crew perform Sat night.
    It was a grand outing for Susan. She got the only top-water bass in our vessel and she caught her first striper this w/e also. Our biggest stripers (to 12#) came from under the hot boat's path where we were run off of Sat PM and our largest bass (to about 5+#) were incidental to stripers and sub-surface. Next year we will pay closer attention to this event and be better involved. I have to eat our "pot luck" entry for lunches for the rest of the week now!
    You's guys ROCK.....or should that be FISH!
    And, yes David, you were mentioned AND missed.....somewhat.
    .....lee s.

Congratulations Paul, Robin & Jordan.......great photos.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........