Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo contest comments

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace
    When taking a picture of a beach in Hawaii it is almost impossilbe to not have people in it

As far as people in the picture, I think that as long as they are not the subject or a substantial distraction I think they would be permitted......What do you guys think?

Also what do you guys think about voting for the photographer with your favorite picture? not just on the single picture itself, that would be too difficult to vote on.
    I dont't care either way, but I think that wether or not the person/s are a substantial distraction is open for interpretation. My personal opinion is that it need to be black or white. Either people are in , or they are out....but if others feel differently, then so be it.

Chris

Who cares if people are in the background? We all know it can prove very difficult to find a spot without catching someone in the background! As long as they don't take focus from the picture (they certainly do not in that Maui shot), what does it matter?

Keep in mind this is a contest where the winner gets to pick the next category, its not super high stakes or anything

Quote Originally Posted by jhaquett
    Who cares if people are in the background? We all know it can prove very difficult to find a spot without catching someone in the background! As long as they don't take focus from the picture (they certainly do not in that Maui shot), what does it matter?

Keep in mind this is a contest where the winner gets to pick the next category, its not super high stakes or anything
    I don't think it matters if there are a 100 people in it. The only reason that I mentioned it is to reference the post by Tristan, who I beleive proposed this theme-

"Wow,

I'm not sure if its official, but thanks to everyone who voted for me. I honestly think there were many great contributions, some much better than my own, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I guess if I have to choose the next theme I would suggest that we try "waterscapes". (River, creek, lake, favorite fishing hole....with one caveat...try and keep it plain and simple... no "casting themed" photos framed in a landscape, or boats racing around, or having lots of people interacting and disturbing the picture.. ect...just keep it simple with landscapes of water.) "

Quote Originally Posted by aaron
    Sculpin
    Ever make make it over to the Steens?
    -a
    aaron
    Yes, I have been to the Steens Mountains. They are very impressive and really beautiful on the West side in the Fall when the Aspen turn colors. Actually I was in Fields this last August on the return trip from a Antelope hunt in the headwaters of the Owyhe River area.
    I've probably spent more time hunting in S Eastern Oregon than I should have and there's not many places I haven't been. If you need any info about the area shoot me a PM.

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Adam

I dont think those people effect that shot at all..Its gorgeous...I am trying to get my barings on where that is. It looks way north...like kapalua or even higher up?

Jay

Sculpin
    Glad to hear your familiar with that area. Really a spectacular place. Did you happen to notice if they went ahead and paved the road from fields out passed Mann?
    -a

Quote Originally Posted by aaron
    Sculpin
    Glad to hear your familiar with that area. Really a spectacular place. Did you happen to notice if they went ahead and paved the road from fields out passed Mann?
    -a
    No I didn't notice if the road to Mann was paved or not. We came into Fields from hwy 97 through the White Horse Ranch/ Trout Creek Mountains area. We only stopped in Fields for lunch. I don't know why they would pave the road to Mann Lake. It seems there would be more important projects. Who knows.

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

I don't know why they would pave the road to Mann Lake. It seems there would be more important projects.
    Aint that the truth. This is the year it is supposed to be done. Fingers crossed that it remains unimproved.

Jay, if I remember correctly I think that it was taken in the Kapalua area. Maui is an awesome island. That is one of my very favorite pictures that I took that trip.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I'm inherently drawn to what shes doing

jus kidd'n

Jay