Thread: Finally, a new camera!

Default Finally, a new camera!

Got my new Optio W10 today! I can finally take some fishing pictures again! It's a gorgeous day here in the PNW so I stopped on the way home and snapped a few photos. It's a bit washed out and I'm sure things aren't set up just right yet, but I'm just happy to be taking pictures again...

“To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Nice picture!

Is the W10 way more $$ than the lower # W's?

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Is that looking across Alkai Point?

Mike

Kraig, The Optio W's (from a real quick check online) all come in about $100 of each other between $200 and $300. I bought mine from a local private party (so I had a chance to check it out first). It was a great deal. If you are willing to brave it, they can be had on eBay.

Mike, that is taken from Alki beach looking back across 'Duamish Head'. Alki point is behind me. Downtown Seattle is to the right of the Space Needle. That's Key Arena (Sonics) to the left of the Needle and a ferry to Bainbridge Island in the middle. You are familiar with the area obviously??

If the darn rivers shape up, I hope to be taking a picture of a steelhead to post here tomorrow!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

I grew up in Federal Way, my grandparents lived in Tacoma. Hung out with some folks in the White Center (rat city) area. I lived up there for 30 years and moved to CA in '97.
    I spent alot of time fishing the Green River out by Black Diamond, with my Dad.
    The view was familiar.
    Thanks-
    Mike