Thread: O'Neill Forebay

Default O'Neill Forebay

Got up at o'dark thirty and drove over to the Forebay. Wanted to get a day of fishing in before these storms come in.
    The wind was zilch this morning at 6:45am. Launched the pram at the half way point and tried out my new Minn Kota. It's got alot more power than my old 36 lb thrust. But it sure does eat up the batterey.
    I started fishing around the shoal line and the first cast was a diaper striper.
    It was a hot grab this morning. Almost every other cast was a hook up. Not real big but they have an attitude for there size.

I was fishing in a slight breeze for a couple hours and then I saw this HUGE fog bank coming up over the hills. I called my buddy in Salinas to see if it was foggy there. Yup, sure is. So to make a long story short, it went from a slight breeze (5mph) to 20mph in a matter of a couple minutes. I put the motor in high speed and was sliding down the waves on my way to the shore. By the time I got there, the wind had increased and the white caps were every where. So much for fishing. I probably ended up with 15 fish this morning.

Gotta get one more day in before next Wednesday. Having elbow surgery and that will put me up for at least 3 weeks. They say 5 weeks of taking it easy. Heck, if I start PT two days after surgery I should be able to crank on fish

Jay

Good luck with the surgery Jay.
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Default Operation

Jay
    Hope you will be back fishing soon.Good luck on your elbow operation.
    Sturm