Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trinity River Report

Thanks Denny, and all you other guys who left positive comments.

I like to share fishing pictures with people who can appropriately appreciate them.

Here's a picture of the changing leaves from last years trip, sorry for the slight blur, these were the best out of the bunch.

I wish that made pictures did the colors justice.

The Fall colors on the Trinity are gorgeous this time of year.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I'm going tomorrow. Super-excited, can't wait. Did anyone go today?
    Less talk, more rock.

I went for half of the day yesterday. 1 adult, when it actually rained good for about 20 mins, about 0930. Other than that, about every other cast was a smolt. LOTS of people up there by JC. Apparently I was fishing in the catch and keep only section as two gentleman were carrying stringers with fish and a fillet knife to their truck. Nice. I hit a few runs by Lewiston with no luck. I didn't see anyone else up that way either.
    Less talk, more rock.

Never tired of pictures like that Adam. Thank you. Paul

Good for you MrBig!

Paul, thank you.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Did you talk to anyone about how much rain they have received or if the bulk of the run has moved upstream mr.big? I was up there last Saturday, but I think they've gotten a good amount of rain since then and I was curious if the run has moved at all because I am going up there this Saturday again.

I am meeting three buddies up their tomorrow too. Has anyone done any good from Lewiston to Douglas City or is it still a little early? We will be in Poker Bar, but I am wondering if it may be better to head down towards Junction City or Del Loma with everyone else and their brothers.

I was told last Saturday by some locals that it was far too early to be trying the Lewiston area. Probably hasn't changed much since then.

If you try to find a public (didn't realize how much of the Trinity is private and not accessible ) spot where there is only room for one car to park and then walk your way to the river. It is not too busy, even on Saturday. You'll be in even better shape on Friday.

too many people for me on weekends... Junction city is even crowded during the week, so i went up higher and found some fish but they are far and few between. I probably hiked 5 miles of river using several different methods and only found fish in one location. I had a blast, until i tried to leave and figured out my starter was no longer in a starting mood (the hitting with a hammeror rock trick didn't work).
    The tow company said it was going to be a while so i decided to fish around a while longer (until dark) with no success, but i did see a little black bear, which was pretty exciting.
    I covered alot of water as thoroughly as possible without lingering too long with some success, but i heard a few reports that there were many more fish around junction city.
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

jhaquett and JSP:

The rain was pretty spotty and light.

There are a lot of fish around JC, and A LOT of people too.

I fished a few really good spots closer to Lewiston also and there was nothing going on. I think it is way too early for that area.

The key to beating the crowd in JC when it's really crowded is to go above the put-ins. At least in my experience. You may encounter a few "treble-hookers" though.
    Less talk, more rock.