Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trinity River Report

Great report and Pictures!!!!! Those are some VERY NICE trinity fish!!! Looks as though you did very well. Hmm was thinking of going to the Klamath this weekend but now I DONT KNOW????@@@!!!! Great report Adam and glad you guys got into some good fish. Kevin

Great report Adam, I'm glad you guys got into some really nice fish. It should keep going for a while. I heard the bar at the mouth of the Klamath finaly broke and the fish are pouring in.

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

That's it!!!!!!!! I'm on my way next week. PB

Thanks for your comments.

Out of respect for my "guides" I will not divulge our location. It is safe to say that the Trinity can offer some good fishing, when/IF you find the fish. It's all about being in the right spot at the right time, as evident to my past few experiences. I have talked to many Trinity fishermen and they say roughly the same thing about being there when the fish are.... that said there are some fish in the river, if you find them you can have some good fishing.

I just wanted to share some pictures of our trip with you guys and maybe inspire some people to get out and fish for steelhead, they are a great game fish.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Wow Guys! Awesome! Combine good fishermen and good photographres and the result is a spectacular report like this one. Looks like we have some hero shot and portrait shot enrtries for an upcoming photo contest!

Mike, that steelhead looks like chrome chordwood

Jay

Anybody that's hell bent for leather to fish the trinity this week keep in mind the rains have come and the fish are on the move. I fished it this weekend through this week and the additional water means most of those fish Adam was running into are long gone upstream. So be prepared to move around and look for fish, they are definitely on "the run". Fishing yesterday was a lot tougher than it was last weekend so it's not all roses up there; any given day can be a lot tougher than the conditions over the weekend.

Thanks for the report Adam. As usual the combination of great weather and fish makes the Trinity a top notch destination. Being able to fish classic patterns with a floating line on the swing makes it priceless.

-John

You can't recognize that stretch of the river? Its getting too crowded with people anyway. The main "hatch" is often other anglers. Hehe

Trinity... steelhead. Fished Saturday with the usual suspects... landed one nice adult, lost two. Tried the same drift Sunday, lost three adults - one monster close to 30" 10 lbs. almost came in the boat. Steelhead. Someone had to go home to work; fished further upstream Monday where we were told it was "impassable". Started drift after landing one adult at the put-in. 2 more adults by late lunch! But, wait! This is steelheading! Ran headfirst into the run... 8 MORE 23" - 28" adults by dark. And it WAS GETTING DARK. Headlamp dark. According to Chuckles, "They are where you find them, and when you find them, SIT on them!". Dream day. It happened. Driveway at 1:34 AM... ready for work? Right? Trinity. Steelhead. Always be ready...

You dogs..........congratualtions for a great trip and cool report.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Trinity follow up

Adam, Great Photos!! Picked my fishing partner up at the airport on Tue,10/09 and headed for the Trinity. Fished Wed between Lewiston and Douglas City and got two fish. On Thur. we fished between Junction City and Del Loma and only picked up one fish all day. But we could not keep the salmon smolt off our droppers. They were all over the river. Our only consolation was no one else was catching fish either. On Fri. morning we fished a few spots below Junction City with no success. Thur night we had talked about the weir at Willow Creek. Neither of us knew how the weir operated; so about mid morning we decided to head to Willow Creek to see what we could find out. It took a while to find the weir, but when we did there were a ton of fish going through. We went about a quater mile below the weir and salmon were rolling all over the river. There were about six spin and bait guys having a great time. We swung flies for a short time. My buddy had never see a redwood tree, so early Fri. afternoon we headed for the coast and down 101 to Ave of the Giants. I had forgotten how majestic those giant trees are. It was worth the trip just to see them. Also, the scenery on the Trinity was wonderful, especially with the leaves turning bright yellow against the green of the pines. We both decided the Trinity is one of the most beautiful rivers we have fished.
    Over a few drinks one evening we counted up 25 trips we have done together over the past 20+ years. Even though we live a thousand miles apart we make sure we fish together at least once every year. The catching is great if it happens; but the friendship is what it is really all about. That and the adventure of the unknown.
    A couple of years ago my wife and I went to see the movie Broke Back Mountain. About half way through the film my wife leaned over and said" the next time you and Dick go fishing you damm well better bring a fish home or I'll know what you two have been up to all these years. That catch and release story is getting pretty old".
    Hoping to get back to the Trinity by myself in the next few weeks. Your photos have got the blood going again
    dg